CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Current gas mileage

Regis

The wife and I packed everything into the caddy and just before pulling out of the driveway I reset the mileage meter to zero. Drove from Upstate NY to central Pa. and added 520 miles to flip the odometer well past the 225,000 mile mark. Ran with 4 snow tires and most of the trip through heavy rain and some intermittent heavy fog. Highway speeds varied from 65-83mph. And the average mileage? 24.1 on the read out. Not bad considering I included everything from start to finish. Not too shabby for a 13 yr old caddy that's long in the tooth.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Very good mileage. 83 mph in the rain in the fog sounds sporty.

Are snow tires louder - make more tire sound?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I didn't really notice a noise difference between the snows and the high performance AS tires I was running. I think a lot of it has to do with the less than stellar noise dampening ability of the cab area. But it's not something I complain about considering the model year. The other consideration, in my oppinion, is the trade off of the aggressiveness of the snow tires and the softness and pliablility of its compound(s) which would negate one another. And perhaps the steel snow rims help with less distorting and vibration over their aluminum alloy counterparts. But I think that would be a stretch. But then again Bruce, most of the trip was through pouring rain and the dominant sound other then Bon Jovi, Michale Buble', Evinecense was the constant shhhhhhhh of the tires on water. LOL

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived