CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"Suicide victim"

I think that a lot of things will become clear when the police investigation of the disappearance of the boy is finished, and the details come out. In any case, I think that lawsuit against Nancy Grace is interesting, because Ms. Grace's televised interrogation of Melinda Duckett would be unlikely to drive her to suicide unless she was guilty of participating in the boy's disappearance, in which case the lawsuit would be dismissed and Grace and CNN would have very good grounds for a harassment lawsuit. So, the family looks to have put their fist in a monkey trap.

Nancy Grace is an ex-prosecutor and victim advocate, and she occasionally steps over the line more than a bit. I still remember her skewering The Greaseman over some of his jokes when he appeared on her show – a comedian, and one that I have heard instantly show great wisdom and compassion on live radio when he gets calls from distraught people, and who very clearly has no prejudice against anyone, period.

However, I've also seen enough of Ms. Grace to believe that she was trying to clear Melinda Duckett as much as convict her when she had her on the show, because her real interest is in the lost child. If Ms Duckett had responded to the interrogation in a manner that at all satisfied Nancy Grace's prosecutor instincts, she would have moved on to what Ms Duckett could tell them about the boy that might help. I would like to see a tape of that interview.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I think that a lot of things will become clear when the police investigation of the disappearance of the boy is finished, and the details come out. In any case, I think that lawsuit against Nancy Grace is interesting, because Ms. Grace's televised interrogation of Melinda Duckett would be unlikely to drive her to suicide unless she was guilty of participating in the boy's disappearance, in which case the lawsuit would be dismissed and Grace and CNN would have very good grounds for a harassment lawsuit. So, the family looks to have put their fist in a monkey trap.

Nancy Grace is an ex-prosecutor and victim advocate, and she occasionally steps over the line more than a bit. I still remember her skewering The Greaseman over some of his jokes when he appeared on her show – a comedian, and one that I have heard instantly shown great wisdom and compassion on live radio when he gets calls from distraught people, and who very clearly has no prejudice against anyone, period.

However, I've also seen enough of Ms. Grace to believe that she was trying to clear Melinda Duckett as much as convict her when she had her on the show, because her real interest is in the lost child. If Ms Duckett had responded to the interrogation in a manner that at all satisfied Nancy Grace's prosecutor instincts, she would have moved on to what Ms Duckett could tell them about the boy that might help. I would like to see a tape of that interview.

It's an interesting story - that's for sure..

What's the legal basis for their suit against Grace?

In English... to me they haven't got one to name ... ..

Any court in America will find that someone who is unstable enough to end themselves over ANYTHING someone happened to say to them would be likely to die the next time the phone rang too many times any darned way-

if the courts decide any other way we're all doomed!

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Families of suicide victims have a way of denying that the suicide was not driven or forced by an external malicious force, or even a murder. Given this denial mind-set, it's a short step to sombody-has-to-pay, and a call to a couple of lawyers. A sleazy lawyer will take any case that offers the possiblity of a lot of money changing hands. And, no, I think that they probably don't have a case.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Families of suicide victims have a way of denying that the suicide was not driven or forced by an external malicious force, or even a murder. Given this denial mind-set, it's a short step to sombody-has-to-pay, and a call to a couple of lawyers. A sleazy lawyer will take any case that offers the possiblity of a lot of money changing hands. And, no, I think that they probably don't have a case.

You're right.

This is the "blame it on" generation and also the "blame it on" time.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

I think the humane thing to do, from CNN's standpoint, is to deal with the lawsuit as quietly and inexpensively as possible until the criminal investigation is complete, then attempt to get it quiety dismissed. If the courts don't cooperate, or if the plaintiff's lawyers energize the case, then, once the investigation is complete, CNN has some decisions to make, and I don't envy them.

I think the humane thing to do, from CNN's standpoint, is to deal with the lawsuit as quietly and inexpensively as possible until the criminal investigation is complete, then attempt to get it quiety dismissed. If the courts don't cooperate, or if the plaintiff's lawyers energize the case, then, once the investigation is complete, CNN has some decisions to make, and I don't envy them.

Between the government, whoever owns the fed, and the lawyers- we're all going to die.

Or we'll have a revolution and I will have southern housemaids :lol:

Well I want to do that any way, just has been a rough couple years, nothing works out..

That keeps life interesting though :lol:

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Archived