CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Wires - much improved performance

Spurlee

I spent $135.00 for wires and another $15 for new plugs for my 1996 El Dorado at 135,000 miles. What a difference!

I upgraded to 2.5MM Magnacore wires from www.ultrarev.com. NGK T55 Platinum plugs. An hours worth of work and a tank of premium go-juice completed the job.

There's a lot more punch in the mid range and it starts a lot easier. Mileage is up - over 25 MPG on the 70 MPH 100 mile highway trip home.

I'll work up the dollars per mile over a couple of tanks and see if a switch to premium make sense.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

I spent $135.00 for wires and another $15 for new plugs for my 1996 El Dorado at 135,000 miles. What a difference!

Only $15 for new plugs. Did you buy them at a garage sale. :lol:

Sorry, no offense intended--It's just that I bought plugs a week ago and it cost me $50. If you got the job done and everything is running great with less expensive plugs then that's great. NGK Platinum no less--Don't know much about NGK platinum except that NGK has a pretty good reputation. I used NGK plugs in my Datzun Z cars. Hmmm...I guess the joke is really on me. After all, I'm the one who spent $50--I bought ACDelco Platinum since many feel OEM plugs are best.

Only $15 for new plugs. Did you buy them at a garage sale. :lol:

Sorry, no offense intended--It's just that I bought plugs a week ago and it cost me $50. If you got the job done and everything is running great with less expensive plugs then that's great. NGK Platinum no less--Don't know much about NGK platinum except that NGK has a pretty good reputation. I used NGK plugs in my Datzun Z cars. Hmmm...I guess the joke is really on me. After all, I'm the one who spent $50--I bought ACDelco Platinum since many feel OEM plugs are best.

No offense taken! :lol:

I hear about and see people spending big bucks on plugs - I was amazed to get them at Farm & Fleet for less than $2.00 each. They were on sale even...more like $1.60 per. They sell NGK (A Corvette community favorite), A/C Delco, Champion, etc. They are the very same platinum, iridium, etc. plugs that go for $8.00 or more elsewhere.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

No offense taken! :lol:

I hear about and see people spending big bucks on plugs - I was amazed to get them at Farm & Fleet for less than $2.00 each. They were on sale even...more like $1.60 per. They sell NGK (A Corvette community favorite), A/C Delco, Champion, etc. They are the very same platinum, iridium, etc. plugs that go for $8.00 or more elsewhere.

Sheesh, I spent almost $60 at the stealership on mine! I second your findings - my car ran wonderfully after the plug/wire change. Glad you've seen the great results I did ('94 ETC, 105K).

MM

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

Archived