CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1990 Seville left me stranded... grr!

The Fred

Pardon me, but I have a question about 4.1/4.5/4.9. The cam in the code is the distributor cam? Or does the sensor use the distributor as a way to check cam motion?

According to the SM the cam sensor is "on the distributor shaft"

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Pardon me, but I have a question about 4.1/4.5/4.9. The cam in the code is the distributor cam? Or does the sensor use the distributor as a way to check cam motion?

The sensor is on the distributor shaft and it monitors the cam position since the distributor is geared to the camshaft.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I can't think of an explanation on all of earth as to why the car stalled, threw an 012(no distributor signal), wouldn't start, ignition module fails all tests and is replaced- car starts fine runs fine but throws 041 (no cam sensor signal) intermittantly now

Makes no sense to me none at all

I had the new module tested,

I thought the only possible explanation was the new module ain't passing along the cam singnal -- new module tests fine all connections seem fine

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Check the connector to the distributor. Also, make sure that the wire from the distributor to the ignition module is nowhere near a plug wire.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived