CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lambo doors?

bigjayzway

Just wondering if anyone on here knows how to do the lambo doors?

I have seen it on a few STS's and I think it looks pretty cool.

I have not decided to do this to my STS, but am just inquiring if it is a tough job, and what is involved to do it?

Big Jay :unsure:

Life is too short to grow up!

you have to take off both the fenders, so the bumper has to come off as well.

if you were going to do it then i think you should spend a bit more cash and buy the doors that will open both ways.

electric operation looks good.

but it sure is expensive.

Well, you got me curious.

This site, http://www.verticaldoors.tv/ , has a video titled "Installing Your Own" on the right side of its homepage. Didn't work for me though . . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Oh please don't put lambo doors on a caddy. PLEASE....

LMAO!

I am just inquiring right now.

You do have to admit, if done right it looks good.

Big Jay :lol:

I don't think it would look that good on a 4 door caddy, it might look better on an XLR or Eldo.

Good Point, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the CTS photos on their site. This is especially needed on a two door...

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

LMAO!

I am just inquiring right now.

You do have to admit, if done right it looks good.

Big Jay :lol:

I know it's personal preference. But, done right or wrong. I think it's disgusting on anything but a Lamborghini.

Make that two votes for "just say no.."

"Done right" or otherwise, IMO it just looks goof ball...

I've seen first hand this done on BMW 3's, 2 Door Lexus-es, Old "G" body Cutlasses, even Escalades... And after an immediate curiosity as to the engineering needed to counter balance and lift a ~100 pound door. My second thought is always...

Boy this guy must be over compensating for some kind of short coming...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

One word. "Bling"

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

If you agree that it is a matter of taste, then there are in fact sane, tasteful people who enjoy the look. Done as part of an overall theme, I have seen individual features I would not do work quite well as a package. It just depends on what you are trying for.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

If you agree that it is a matter of taste....

True, but somethings just plain taste bad...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Well one thing led to another on this subject, and I got in contact with the one manufacturer of these door kits.

Funny, they are looking for a Canadian distributor, and installer.

Yup, I think we might just take them up on it???

Myself and canadian95sts are seriously thinking about doing this venture from our shop.

Let you know how it goes.

Big Jay

IMO Lambo doors look good on a Lamborghini... ;)

Can I get an amen? I haven't seen this done on a car personally. I have only seen pics. But one thing that always seems to stick out is entry and exit. It looks like you need to be a contortionist to use a car with aftermarket lambo doors. That alone makes me say no way to that mod.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

Archived