CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

92 Eldo questions

Astrak

I was just wondering if it is possible to make the button for interior lights on the key fob open the fuel door, also I wanted to move my trunk and fuel door buttons to the center console. I would imagine moving the buttons would be easier than making the key fob button open the fuel door, any ideas or is it even possible?

I was just wondering if it is possible to make the button for interior lights on the key fob open the fuel door, also I wanted to move my trunk and fuel door buttons to the center console. I would imagine moving the buttons would be easier than making the key fob button open the fuel door, any ideas or is it even possible?

Astrak:

IMO, it would be much easier to move the buttons and rewire than programming the fob. I have a '94 ETC and getting behind the glovebox/center console is pretty easy (I have an aftermarket radio, though; don't know if that makes a difference in difficulty).

Then, there's just the matter of finding where to locate the switches, being careful to make it look good. You could place these inside the console or buy a custom switchplate to mount wherever you want. I'm not a big fan of drilling into anything factory that's visible unless it's very well planned out.

As far as reprogramming the fob, I'm not too much help. Good luck!

MM

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

I was thinking since I don't have heated seats or heated windshield I could use the extra space where the lumbar support is at. I am now thinking about what to put in where the trunk and fuel switches were in the glove box, I was thinking of one of those switches with the key thing that could be used to lock out power to the switches in the console.

I was thinking since I don't have heated seats or heated windshield I could use the extra space where the lumbar support is at. I am now thinking about what to put in where the trunk and fuel switches were in the glove box, I was thinking of one of those switches with the key thing that could be used to lock out power to the switches in the console.

That's a good idea (forgot about security concerns). Guess I haven't seen that type of switch before - can you get them at common DIY shops?

MM

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

I remember older computer used to have them, I think maybe Ratshack would have them. Hey I see you are from the greatest state in the union I just recently moved to AZ where I purchased the Eldog. I personally think the brochure lied about Arizona it is not even close to how nice people said it was, I would wrather move back the Nebraska and have to deal with the snow than live here in Arizona. I also see you have a 95 Impala SS that is a darn fine car.

I remember older computer used to have them, I think maybe Ratshack would have them. Hey I see you are from the greatest state in the union I just recently moved to AZ where I purchased the Eldog. I personally think the brochure lied about Arizona it is not even close to how nice people said it was, I would wrather move back the Nebraska and have to deal with the snow than live here in Arizona. I also see you have a 95 Impala SS that is a darn fine car.

Yep, I sure am! What part of NE were you from originally? I've been to AZ once (Tucson) and it was a very nice place (a little dry, tho). Thanks for the compliment, it is a fine car and fun to drive. However, the ride on the Cad is so much nicer. Sport suspension on the SS can get old after a while...

I used to live in Lincoln, Tucson is where I live now, it would be a great place to visit but to have to live here day in and day out it sucks. I could tell you all my complaints but I won't, just trust me it is worth dealing with a little cold.

Archived