CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

damper identification

nailhead1

Something with v-belts. Could be anything made in the last hundred years.

i would please like to know exactly what anyone thinks it is. more like the last fifty years. it sure isn't from the last ten years though its not a serpentine belt. that is plain to see. some one on another forum had suggested international harverster

you are asking for a needle in a haystack here and I agree with Jason, its darn near impossible. Look for numbers on it. Why is it important to know this?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

you are asking for a needle in a haystack here and I agree with Jason, its darn near impossible. Look for numbers on it. Why is it important to know this?

i know its hard to tell what it is. it doesn't have any numbers on it. i have taken it apart and cleaned it up enough to see there are no numbers or casting marks.

i fear that you may not help me if i tell you why i need to know. no its not just because i'm curious snd i'mnot working on anything and i don't want to rig it on to a motorcycle or anything stupid like that. basically i was told it was somehting else and it wasn't so now i need to resale it to recoupe my losses. if i know what it really came off of i might be able to get more money back from it than just posting it on ebay as a mystery damper. so if anyone knows it would really help out your fellow caddy owner

i know its hard to tell what it is. it doesn't have any numbers on it. i have taken it apart and cleaned it up enough to see there are no numbers or casting marks.

i fear that you may not help me if i tell you why i need to know. no its not just because i'm curious snd i'mnot working on anything and i don't want to rig it on to a motorcycle or anything stupid like that. basically i was told it was somehting else and it wasn't so now i need to resale it to recoupe my losses. if i know what it really came off of i might be able to get more money back from it than just posting it on ebay as a mystery damper. so if anyone knows it would really help out your fellow caddy owner

It rather looks like a pulley from a 67 Riviera 430 engine - A/C if I recall correctly - with two different belt sizes. That's a vague memory since a dear friend totalled my Riv while blasted and he had no idea how much power it had!

It rather looks like a pulley from a 67 Riviera 430 engine - A/C if I recall correctly - with two different belt sizes. That's a vague memory since a dear friend totalled my Riv while blasted and he had no idea how much power it had!

when i was as kid i had a 63 riviera with a 401 in it. my dad had a63 with a 425 in it. it was completely restored. i helped him a little bit. i ended up selling mine for 100.00 just to get rid of it. the transmission pump plate got ate up and we couldn't find another one. i'll check into the riv damper though. thanks.

Archived