CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Well done, Connecticut voters!

But, please provide me with a word that I can use that captures all of those attributes that rice burner does!

How about if we make up a few new words;

"TOPOSH"...Tricked Out Piece Of S... Honda

"TOPOST"...Tricked Out Piece Of S... Toyota

"TOPOSM...Tricked Out Piece Of S... Mitsubishi

I know...they're lame! :lol:

I know this goes against my previous post, but for some reason "Rice Burner" doesn't bother me much. :huh: It actually amuses me, especially when I think of all those attributes you mentioned; "coffee can exhaust, letters across the top of the windshield, baseball cap, high RPMs, gradient colored tints, wings, aftermarket rear light assemblies and booming stereo.." :lol: Don't forget the always tacky paint job and stickers, oversized spinner wheels and I prefer to refer to the coffee can exhaust as "fart cans". :lol:

Even though it has racial overtones...Rice Burner, when referred to cars like the above, is kind of cute.

• 2 weeks later...

How about "overpriced sauerkraut burner?"

There's been a lot of discussion on a lot of things while I was busy doing other things. I do have several pennies to share:

POLITICS

Great to have you back, Joe Lieberman. The dynamics of that situation are very profound and disturbing, and it looks like it is going to work out OK, thanks to the often surprising wisdom of the American voter. The events around the time of the primary and a little after were more than a little scary.

Technically speaking, I believe that the USA is a democratic republic. That's still an approximation because we never left behind our roots as a confederation of colonies, and our provinces (the States) still have pretty much full Governments just like most countries, and the State governments are themselves on the Democratic Republic model.

IMPORTS AND GLOBALIZATION

Globalization hurts, but it puts us all on the course toward a common cause. Its reverse is feudalism, and warlord thinking on an international scale underlies just about every war we have ever seen, including the War on Terror. Want to fight poverty and hunger? Develop the country, and give it an accountable Government with its power base in the masses, not in the military, and a free press.

IMPORT CARS

I loved my 1959 Chevrolet that I had for seven years, and my 1969 Chevrolet 427, etc. But, if it weren't for the VW Bug, the Toyota, and Honda automobiles, I feel that cars with the sophistication of my 1997 ETC and my wife's 1999 Grand Am GT wouldn't have ever been developed. The current problems of the American car makers are, I believe at this time (please anyone add facts or opinions to this) due to too much production capacity in high-profit vehicles that get well under 20 mpg, and a big increase in gas prices. When's the last time you saw a new Expedition with dealer paper tags? Where are the great Ford Focus and Chevy Cobalt cars? Do you see a lot of advertising about the great Aveo and the truly amazing E85 Cobalt HO engines? Why is GM over a year behind the other major automakers in hybrid vehicles?

We need the imports. Otherwise, some stovebolt motorheads in Dearborn will make our decisions for us.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

How about "overpriced sauerkraut burner?"

There's been a lot of discussion on a lot of things while I was busy doing other things. I do have several pennies to share:

POLITICS

Great to have you back, Joe Lieberman. The dynamics of that situation are very profound and disturbing, and it looks like it is going to work out OK, thanks to the often surprising wisdom of the American voter. The events around the time of the primary and a little after were more than a little scary.

Technically speaking, I believe that the USA is a democratic republic. That's still an approximation because we never left behind our roots as a confederation of colonies, and our provinces (the States) still have pretty much full Governments just like most countries, and the State governments are themselves on the Democratic Republic model.

IMPORTS AND GLOBALIZATION

Globalization hurts, but it puts us all on the course toward a common cause. Its reverse is feudalism, and warlord thinking on an international scale underlies just about every war we have ever seen, including the War on Terror. Want to fight poverty and hunger? Develop the country, and give it an accountable Government with its power base in the masses, not in the military, and a free press.

IMPORT CARS

I loved my 1959 Chevrolet that I had for seven years, and my 1969 Chevrolet 427, etc. But, if it weren't for the VW Bug, the Toyota, and Honda automobiles, I feel that cars with the sophistication of my 1997 ETC and my wife's 1999 Grand Am GT wouldn't have ever been developed. The current problems of the American car makers are, I believe at this time (please anyone add facts or opinions to this) due to too much production capacity in high-profit vehicles that get well under 20 mpg, and a big increase in gas prices. When's the last time you saw a new Expedition with dealer paper tags? Where are the great Ford Focus and Chevy Cobalt cars? Do you see a lot of advertising about the great Aveo and the truly amazing E85 Cobalt HO engines? Why is GM over a year behind the other major automakers in hybrid vehicles?

We need the imports. Otherwise, some stovebolt motorheads in Dearborn will make our decisions for us.

I agree with you especially with regards to the globalization part. Only in the past few years has Detroit started catching up with the rest of the world. Unfortunately, they have to over come their image of subpar cars.

Saying that, it's high time that the issues with other foreign high-end automobiles are brought forwrd. A case in point is posted on the discussion forum regarding Mercedes Benz. I know folks with BMW's and they can be just as bad as some of our problematic Cadillacs.

Jim

Archived