CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New key fobs otw?

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1753

In this case, the fob not only works much farther away than most remotes, it can also tell you how much gas is in the vehicle, the pressure of the tires, the odometer reading and how long it's been since you engaged the remote start feature.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Look at some of the comments on that page. Jim Morrison once said, People are Strange, and I concur. Here is a very nice advancement in techology and these people are looking for it to include MP3 players, code readers and for it to have the ability to clear codes... Some people are never happy!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

A key fob with a built in flash drive would come in handy! ;)

Maybe I'm onto something there? Should I try to get a patent for that?

Its called a key chain and key ring :) Or take your stock remote and with a bit of super glue it will easily attach :) It is nice but 250 is high for what it does.

I do however wish that my caddy could be unlocked from more than 15ft away, that way when looking for it in a parking lot you could chirp the horn to find it and flash the lights (the new ones have that red horn button in place of the fuel door button)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

A key fob with a built in flash drive would come in handy! ;)

Maybe I'm onto something there? Should I try to get a patent for that?

Its called a key chain and key ring :) Or take your stock remote and with a bit of super glue it will easily attach :) It is nice but 250 is high for what it does.

I do however wish that my caddy could be unlocked from more than 15ft away, that way when looking for it in a parking lot you could chirp the horn to find it and flash the lights (the new ones have that red horn button in place of the fuel door button)

The red button on the newer remotes is a panic button. The horn will chirp when the "Lock" button is depressed. I like the fuel door release button on the remote as I always seem to forget to open the fuel door until I'm outside the car. I am used to my Fleetwood's - the fuel filler is behind the license plate and unlocks with the door locks.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Do you know you can almost double the range of your RKE by simply holding it to your chin when you press a button?

No kidding! You might look stupid, but it works.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I use my CHIN all the time to extend the range! :lol: I look stupid, but I become a 6'4" antenna!... :lol:

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Try it. It works. Not sure about folk under 5' 4" :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I'll have to give it a try! I already look stupid hitting the button while holding it way in the air trying to find the car when I forgot where I parked, by the time I'm close enough for it to work I can usually spot it first.

Just an intresting tid bit but the new Caddys DO NOT have electric opening gas doors, push on the door and it pops open. Since these cars (pretty much every GM car from 90+) have anti-syphon things in their filler necks it doesn't have to lock.

Right now we have an Impala Rental (the Deville is in for paint and should be done Tues/Wednesday) Not a bad little car, this one has the 3.5L VVT engine. Gutless take offs but once its in its rev range not bad. Certainly not a Northstar, now if I had the 5.3L SS version I would be singing a different tune (and begging to drive it, my dad decided it was best not to let an under 21 driver drive so I get the passenger seat). They were out of Caddy's (apparantly the one they were going to rent to us got in a fender bender) but we should have a DTS rental tonight or tomorrow and I'll sure post about that. (that is if our car isn't finished by then, almost done just needs the pin stripe redone)

Anyway its remote seems to have good range and a nice car, quite, smooth riding, kinda jerky on the low speed shifts, small back seat but BIG trunk, they could've made the rear seats back a couple inches but decided to make a huge trunk, this one is flex fuel so I'll see what happens if I take a piss in the gas tank :)....that was a joke.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

the remote chin thing has been discussed here before and i have tested it and can verify it does for whatever reason increase range quite a bit. Also, you can get even more range then the under the chin method by holding one arm straight up, then holding the key fob at the armpit of that arm with the arm fully upright.

Don't laugh, this really works, my father in law figured this out after i convinced him of the under the chin method. :)

I would love to know the science behind this, maybe the body it acting as some sort of an antenna?

HAVE FUN :)

-dave

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I use my CHIN all the time to extend the range! :lol: I look stupid, but I become a 6'4" antenna!... :lol:

And all this time I thought I was the only one looking stupid in the parking lot. :lol:

Like you said, it works!

I'll have to pay more attention next time I'm in a parking lot.

That is, of course, if I can stop laughing at us stupid folk! :lol:

Just J/K, couldn't help myself. :lol::lol::lol:

Regards,

Warrren

EDIT: I'll be like a lot of youse, parked in the far corner of the lot!

Posted Image

Also, you can get even more range then the under the chin method by holding one arm straight up, then holding the key fob at the armpit of that arm with the arm fully upright.

Well, I haven't tried that yet.

You see, I'd first like to know who I'm saluting!

Talk about looking STUPID in a parking lot?!? :lol::lol::lol:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I would love to know the science behind this, maybe the body it acting as some sort of an antenna?

Actually, I was the one who brought this issue to this forum I think.

I discussed it on two science related forums and there was no consensus. There were theories about a person acting as a quarter wave length antenna etc. . . . .

I'd be interested in hearing a bullet-proof explanation.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I discussed it on two science related forums and there was no consensus. There were theories about a person acting as a quarter wave length antenna etc. . . . .

The antenna part would be correct but the quarter wave part is misleading.

Your skeleton could easily be acting as a passive "part of" an antenna; specifically a reflector element. Reflector elements alter antenna performance by guiding the RF energy in a favorable or desired direction.

Edit: As with any point to point RF link, higher antennas perform better. Consider the television RF from orbiting satellites; relatively low RF power levels on the downlink side of the system considering the distance involved.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

tried it in a lot last night....was very surprised it actually worked. WOW

The Green's Machines

How do you like your new glow-in-the-dark teeth? :lol::lol::lol:

Posted Image

How do you like your new glow-in-the-dark teeth? :lol::lol::lol:

I used the armpit, arm extended trick.

The Green's Machines

Archived