CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

77 Deville

ccdog

Hi. I have a question about my brothers 77 Deville. My brother is old school and knows cars however he never saw one like his. We were wondering if it could of been a special order car. I do know it was made in Linden, NJ. It has a factory moon roof and factory alarm system. It does not have cruise control. It is also two tone green with a green leather interrior. On the door jam it says "interior by Fleetwood, body by Fisher. It also has the Rolls Royce grill. The car runs perfect and is in very good original condition with 80k on it. I am unable to upload the pics due to the file size but will email them to anyone who wants to see them. The continental kit and rims were the onle thing he as added to the car. My email is "xacore12@yahoo.com". Note the custom steering wheel....Thanks for any info...Jim

It's hard to say if it was a special ordered car... The "Rolls Royce" grill was an aftermarket addition.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Hi. I have a question about my brothers 77 Deville. My brother is old school and knows cars however he never saw one like his. We were wondering if it could of been a special order car. I do know it was made in Linden, NJ. It has a factory moon roof and factory alarm system. It does not have cruise control. It is also two tone green with a green leather interrior. On the door jam it says "interior by Fleetwood, body by Fisher. It also has the Rolls Royce grill. The car runs perfect and is in very good original condition with 80k on it. I am unable to upload the pics due to the file size but will email them to anyone who wants to see them. The continental kit and rims were the onle thing he as added to the car. My email is "xacore12@yahoo.com". Note the custom steering wheel....Thanks for any info...Jim

E-mail them to me and I will put them up for you...

fredmaxwell@cox.net

My '79 Sedan Deville d'Elegance says the same thing on it

"Interior by Fleetwood, body by Fisher"

The only special edition I know of, and this was for '79 that I know of..

It was called a Phaeton ...

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

The moon roof, alarm system, cruise control and leather were all options for that vehicle so it is very possible the car came like that from the factory (with the moon roof, alarm and without the cruise control). Cadillac used to boast that so many different colors and combinations were available that they could build so many cars (I forget the exact number) without duplications!

As someone else said, the grille is definitely after market as is the steering wheel. The car does seem pretty bare. Most of them came with cruise control, Twilight Sentinel and Controlled Cycle Wipers but it does appear to have an 8-track player and Tilt Wheel (I can't tell about the telescoping feature since the wheel was changed). I'm a little suspect about the moon roof. How do you know it's factory? Where is the switch for the sunroof located? It definitely did not come with air dam on the roof. Also, does the alarm sound the horn when it goes off? Does it flash the amber "SECURITY SYSTEM" light when you open the door?

Max

The switch for the moon roof is up top in front of the moon roof. My brother put the air dam on. He also had the steering wheel custom made. As far as the alarm goes, I haven't tried it. The wheel is tilt/telescopic.

The moon roof, alarm system, cruise control and leather were all options for that vehicle so it is very possible the car came like that from the factory (with the moon roof, alarm and without the cruise control). Cadillac used to boast that so many different colors and combinations were available that they could build so many cars (I forget the exact number) without duplications!

As someone else said, the grille is definitely after market as is the steering wheel. The car does seem pretty bare. Most of them came with cruise control, Twilight Sentinel and Controlled Cycle Wipers but it does appear to have an 8-track player and Tilt Wheel (I can't tell about the telescoping feature since the wheel was changed). I'm a little suspect about the moon roof. How do you know it's factory? Where is the switch for the sunroof located? It definitely did not come with air dam on the roof. Also, does the alarm sound the horn when it goes off? Does it flash the amber "SECURITY SYSTEM" light when you open the door?

Max

If the switch is up on the headliner, that means that it is an aftermarket sunroof. If it was factory, the switch would be next to the power antenna switch and the rear defogger switch (if it had that option).

As for the alarm, it is easy to check. When you open any door, there would be an amber lamp flashing "SECURITY SYSTEM" in your gauge cluster.

Max

Archived