CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Constant Codes

thexboxpiii

I keep getting these codes on my sts, but do i need to replace all of these or maybe someone forgot to connect them correctly since i had the engine replaced by someone? And i cleared the codes and still the same error codes kept coming up.

P0135 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0141 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0147 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 3

P0155 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1.

I keep getting these codes on my sts, but do i need to replace all of these or maybe someone forgot to connect them correctly since i had the engine replaced by someone? And i cleared the codes and still the same error codes kept coming up.

P0135 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0141 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0147 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 3

P0155 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1.

I would check for loose, corroded connections, or pinched wires before replacing.

bank 1 circuit 1 is rear manifold fuse 2

bank 1 circuit 2 is pre cat fuse 1

bank 1 circuit 3 is post cat fuse 2

bank 2 circuit 1 is front manifold fuse 1

there are 2 fuses that run the heaters in O2 sensors. the fuses are in the engine compartment, i think they're even marked as OXY SEN 1 and OXY SEN 2

if the fuses are blown then there may be a short, if they are fine check the wiring.

check that the earth connectors are properly in place, all 4 sensors appear to use the same common grounding point which is bolted, according to FSM, at the rear left hand corner of the engine near the park/neutral switch, which also appears to be near the coolant temp sensor

i don't think all all 4 heaters in your sensors have failed at around the same time, it sounds like a wiring/connector fault

if the motor has been changed then the earth would have been unbolted and maybe forgotten about. it is easily done.

I had the exact same problem with the '96 STS I used to own. I knew there was no way all four sensors went bad at once. I traced the problem down to a common ground wire that was broken...it mounts to the rear side of the engine block down low on the drivers side. I couldn't quite get to it, but the dealer fixed it in under an hour...a lift helps a lot.

Charles

Charles

I had the exact same problem with the '96 STS I used to own. I knew there was no way all four sensors went bad at once. I traced the problem down to a common ground wire that was broken...it mounts to the rear side of the engine block down low on the drivers side. I couldn't quite get to it, but the dealer fixed it in under an hour...a lift helps a lot.

Charles

Good info Charles!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

thanks for all the info. i knew for sure that all the sensors couldnt go out like that seeing that the engine i had purchased only has around 50k on it. Ill check it out when i have time and write back as to what else happends.

Archived