CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Traction Control Engaged

gohawks

I bought a 1997 sts a couple of weeks ago, it had a RF wheel sensor and some other minor codes, I cleared all the codes so I could tell what might come back or be old.

Nothing has come back, BUT my tracton control engaged alarms comes on the information center from time to time, this is just while doing normal stop and go traffic, doesn't seem to matter whether turning or not.

So far have not gotten no trouble codes, I kind of hoping that it was the right front wheel sensor because I could fix that and be done.

When I disengage the traction control in the glove box, then all is fine, I think that might elimenate any ABS issues but not sure.

Sounds like a low tire, or a mismatched tire to me.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

DOES the traction control module actually engage? Can you hear/feel the growling, as the traction control system would engage the ABS brakes?

I would closely re-examine that right front wheel speed sensor, and the connection/wiring.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

DOES the traction control module actually engage? Can you hear/feel the growling, as the traction control system would engage the ABS brakes?

I would closely re-examine that right front wheel speed sensor, and the connection/wiring.

[/quote

Yeah it deffinately engages, sounds like the ABS is kicking in.

Yeah it deffinatly engages I can hear the ABS engage.

What DTC codes are you getting? You didn't explain that.

If you throttle up hard or brake hard on a wet road surface, do you hear the machine-gun-like sound of the ABS/Traction Control engaging? I *think* you answered that, but I'm not certain.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived