CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Recommend: 3M Filtrete central air filters

They're great.

At the old house I had cleaned the ducts often and had air cleaners close to each air return,

But I think the air in here with these Filtrete filters is nearly as good.

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/filtrete...iltretefaq.html

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

I use them and like them....

Take note, though, they get dirty faster, so keep an eye on them, and change them more often.... and they cost more per filter, too, so, this will run into more money, but in my house, it's worth it....

Take note, though, they get dirty faster, so keep an eye on them, and change them more often.... and they cost more per filter, too, so, this will run into more money, but in my house, it's worth it....

I wonder if you can blow some air through them to clean them and get more out of 'em...

The only downside I can see is what you mentioned and they are more restrictive of an airflow which cuts just a bit of effeciency and it isn't great for the blower - but - you do get less dirt through the system so,

I think they're a good idea

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Have you tried the Lysol Elite (MERV 12)? They run about $7 each at Home Depot and just edge out Filtrete's best filter that features a MERV 11 at a whopping $15 each. I've used both and have no complaints with the Lysol Elite.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I used to use the Filtrete filters, but found out I couldn't stay on top of the maintenance of changing them every month or two as you should. Once they clog up, and they clog up fast, and are not changed, you stand the chance of frying your blower motor.

Archived