CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

7quarter= in liter?? please quick answer

Uffe6y

If he's asking about 7.5 U.S. quarts, it's 7.1 liters. That's based on 0.946 liter per quart, which is on oil cans and such.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If he's asking about 7.5 U.S. quarts, it's 7.1 liters. That's based on 0.946 liter per quart, which is on oil cans and such.

I was told that to put 7 1/2 quartes of oil so i suppose that It is your quarters? because my problem is that i put to much oil in the engine so its is important that I get it right

Uffe

You don't want to put 7.5 quarts in a drained engine. Put in 6.5 quarts, or about 6.2 liters, and check it. It should be about at the ADD mark. Add part or all of the last half-liter but don't go above the FULL mark.

The exact conversion factor is 0.94635295 liters per quart.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yeah, quarts x .946 = liters, so you need 7.095 liters.... 7.5 x .946 = 7.095

Liters times 1.057 = quarts....

As Jims_97_etc says, though, add till you're close, and then top off if necessary....

With my car on ramps in the front, I need closer to 8 quarts to get a complete fill....

how much is 7 1/2 quarter in liters?

Uffe

Quart (liquid) = 0.033421 cubic foot, 0.25 gallon, 2 liquid pints, 8 gills, 32 fluid ounces, 57.749 cubic inches, 256 fluid drams, 0.946333 liters, 946.358 cubic centimeters.

BTW, it took 15 seconds to find answer from Google "quart to liter" :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

With my car on ramps in the front, I need closer to 8 quarts to get a complete fill....

NEVER put 8 quarts of oil in a Northstar!

The oil level should only be checked with the car on a level surface, with the oil hot!

As others have said, run it at the "ADD" mark or slightly above and you will reduce your oil consumption.

I have taken to running 1 mark above ADD, and can run 2000 miles, (or more) from here to Orlando FL and back, without adding oil or seeing the low oil level message.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Like Ranger, I use an even 7 quarts, with the ACDelco PF-61 oil filter. Works like a champ. I usually add one quart over an approximate oil change interval of about 5000 miles, depending on what the oil life monitor tells me.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived