CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 Fleetwood

seanhan

hi all: just a quick question, My passenger side power window stopped working yesterday.

looks like it's not getting any power, Where should i start? Are these motors fused?? what about relays?? all 3 of the other windows work ....

Thanks for any info!!!

In my Cadillacs I would swear there is one fuse for all four windows

I guess it can't be the switch since you probably tried both

My money goes on the motor itself they're cheap and break often

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Try holding the window switch in the "up" position while slamming the door - that should get the window working again. The motors tend to get dead spots in them with age/use. Usually, the driver's window motor fails first.... The long term solution is to replace the motor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Something could have gotten into the tracks and fell out

Hope you're right. Winter is coming on quick...I'd hate for it to go when it's 10 degrees out. :unsure:

I will tell you a Fred Secret...

Don't put down the window and everything will be fine :lol:

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Hope you're right. Winter is coming on quick...I'd hate for it to go when it's 10 degrees out. :unsure:

Passengers...you never know. :unsure:

My driver window has to be cracked as I'm claustrophobic. Well sort of, only in cars though.

Passengers...you never know. :unsure:

My driver window has to be cracked as I'm claustrophobic. Well sort of, only in cars though.

Well heck if the passenger puts down the window and it stops working:

"Hey fool you broke my car, you had better pay for that!"

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

My passenger window went up slow the other day. Only did it once...it's normal now. Was that a warning you think?

It never gets better. They will get slower to the point you will have to wait for a few minutes to resume the effort. I do not even touch the driver window anymore. If I have to get fresh air I crack open both passanger side windows. They are still fine.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

My passenger window went up slow the other day. Only did it once...it's normal now. Was that a warning you think?

It never gets better. They will get slower to the point you will have to wait for a few minutes to resume the effort. I do not even touch the driver window anymore. If I have to get fresh air I crack open both passanger side windows. They are still fine.

I hope you're wrong, but you're probably right. It only did that once. They zoom up and down now...I'll keep my fingers crossed for that as well. ;)

I hope you're wrong, but you're probably right. It only did that once. They zoom up and down now...I'll keep my fingers crossed for that as well. ;)

Yeah, the good thing is your tranny is fine. Looks like the fluid change helped or not?

Yeah, the good thing is your tranny is fine. Looks like the fluid change helped or not?

Yes, definately helped, if nothing else, it gave me have peace of mind. The noise got louder after the change (which worried me), but now it's gone. I hear a slight noise while in my garage while idling every now and then, but I have to really listen for it, if I hear it all. It was good to know my pan was nice and clean, and my fluid wasn't burnt as well. So, so far, life is good with the tranny. ;)

Btw, Did you ever make that brake bleeder set-up?

Yes, definately helped, if nothing else, it gave me have peace of mind. The noise got louder after the change (which worried me), but now it's gone. I hear a slight noise while in my garage while idling every now and then, but I have to really listen for it, if I hear it all. It was good to know my pan was nice and clean, and my fluid wasn't burnt as well. So, so far, life is good with the tranny. ;)

Btw, Did you ever make that brake bleeder set-up?

No, the store did not have the reservoir cap the day I was working on brakes. So I decided to finish the job and bled the system by using a stick between the driver seat and the brake pedal. Worked great, BTW. :)

I think you've answered your own question.

Good luck,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Try holding the window switch in the "up" position while slamming the door - that should get the window working again. The motors tend to get dead spots in them with age/use. Usually, the driver's window motor fails first.... The long term solution is to replace the motor.

Sean,

The door slamming trick that Kevin mentioned has worked for me on several occassions. Infact it's worked so well that I haven't had an issue in over a year and I use the driver's side window often. Great now I'll have to go knock on some wood so as not to jinx myself. ;)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived