CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

the engine goes puff an now It says Gheck engine

Uffe6y

Today my engine just puff when i should start It...It came smoke from the engine and It didnt start at first,,,It started after a while and It didnt have any (Idle?)(the name for not using the gas when the engine is running by It self?) and It was a warning that I should service engine soon. All that I know Is that I have put to much oil in the engine..Its over the max limit on the stick,,,Any tips??

Today my engine just puff when i should start It...It came smoke from the engine and It didnt start at first,,,It started after a while and It didnt have any (Idle?)(the name for not using the gas when the engine is running by It self?) and It was a warning that I should service engine soon. All that I know Is that I have put to much oil in the engine..Its over the max limit on the stick,,,Any tips??

Too much oil? drain the oil and start again, putting in the correct amount of oil.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

You're gonna have to take out your drain plug and drain out some oil. This would be a good time to change your oil if you haven't recently. Hopefully that will cure your problems. Does your oil look normal on your dipstick...not yellowish and runny I hope!

What color does the oil turn with Dexcool mixed in? Anyone know?

The hard starting is probably due to excess oil coming through the PCV. Like the guys say, drain the oil, change the filter, and put a good grade of 10W-30 back in. I would put in 7 quarts and drive it, then check it. It should be about 1/2 quart above the ADD mark on the dipstick. Add just enough to get to the FULL mark, no more, then take the car for a half-hour drive on the freeway, and your problems may well be over.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived