CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Night Visson dumb question

Mark3601

Hi all as you all know I just purchased my very frist Caddy a 2005 Deville DTS it has all the toys minus 2 or 3 of them My question to all of you is this I know that Night Visson was an option on the car, If it did not come with it as mine did not can you add it to it? What I mean is, Is the car already wiered for it? Can I just find a DTS that was totaled and remove the grille camera dash cover and knee brace of the bottom dash and mount them on the DTS that I have to make it plug and play?

I would think that all the wiring would be there and one would have to just install the parts to make it work or am I wrong in thinking that this can be done.

Thanks

and 73's

Mark :blink::unsure:

I don't think the car is pre-wired for the night vision system. The Night vision system is an expensive and rare option. Finding all the components in a junkyard would be difficult.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Does anybody have first hand experience with night vision in DTS? The way it is mounted (out of nomal field of vision monitor) it seems to me to be rather a distraction than help.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I don't think the car is pre-wired for the night vision system. The Night vision system is an expensive and rare option. Finding all the components in a junkyard would be difficult.

The cars are pre-wired for the Night Vision, however finding a camera is like finding a needle in a haystack. They are worth thousands of $$. My car was originally equipped with Night Vision and when the camera failed the original owner found it was cheaper to remove the camera and replace the grille with a non-NV body-colored one.

Converting a non-NV car to a NV car isn't worth the hassle. In addition to the dash pad, the defroster ducts are different to divert the air around the heads-up display.

Jim

Well it sounds like I'll just be leaving the car the way it is then It sounded like a good idea as I do alot of night driving on HWY where the wild life like to play but this car just to good a deal to pass up just because it did not have the night eyes on it I'll try to post some pictures of it soon to see what you guys think of it.

73's

Mark

Does anybody have first hand experience with night vision in DTS? The way it is mounted (out of nomal field of vision monitor) it seems to me to be rather a distraction than help.

Mainly it doesn't replace your view, it supplements it and allows for you to much farther than your headlights. Its really infared if, not truly night-vision the way you normally understand it, "white hot" so you'll see the heat of other cars signatures. Really a nifty system but expensive, another Cadillac first. I wonder if they offer on the XLR/XLR-V, maybe the 6 digit flagship has it I don't know. I know it would have been helpful to have that when I was driving in the mountains with no light other than my own headlights. Them winding roads are fun to drive on but get you nervous at night.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived