CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Caddy Owner

Mark3601

Hi all I just purchased my very first and new to me Cadillac Deville DTS 2005 it is Glacier White and has 31000 on it I have not had the time to take any pictures of it yet as I just pick it up yesterday 10/22/06.

I am also new to thid board and I am hopping that all of you experts here will let me know what I got myself into with this car good or bad as I wish to hear from other owners of the same model and year as I have to help me learn all I can about my new toy.

Thanks to all of you for your upcoming help

Mark

Welcome aboard!

Now that that's over with, I'm going to cost you money just for making me jealous. :)

You can get your new FSM (Factory Service Manual) at: http://www.helminc.com .

They're on sale (half price) thru December. I think your model year is included.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Welcome aboard!

Now that that's over with, I'm going to cost you money just for making me jealous. :)

You can get your new FSM (Factory Service Manual) at: http://www.helminc.com .

They're on sale (half price) thru December. I think your model year is included.

Regards,

Warren

Me make you jealous I don't think so after reading the post and threads here it is all of you that are making me jealous you have all been having all this fun here and now I have to play race driver to get to where all of you are I am mad that no one told me about this place before so that I could have join in the fun sooner

Try the 19th hole, and browse the owner logs. I've got an owner log there myself.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I am also new to thid board and I am hopping that all of you experts here will let me know what I got myself into with this car good or bad

Welcome.

What you got into is a world class luxury car with great performance and gas milage. You're gonna love it. Stick around and you'll learn more about the car and the Northstar than you ever wanted to. As Warren said, if you are going to do your own wrenching, get a FSM. The bad news is that the 1/2 price sale only includes up to '01 I believe. The good news is that you are still under warranty and don't need one yet. I still have not found one for my '03 or my daughters '02 but being as both are certified and still under warranty, I am not in a big hurry.

The bad news is that the 1/2 price sale only includes up to '01 I believe. The good news is that you are still under warranty and don't need one yet. I still have not found one for my '03 or my daughters '02 but being as both are certified and still under warranty, I am not in a big hurry.

Ranger is quite correct. I'm afraid I steered you wrong. The half priced sale is only for model years through 2000. Your model year isn't yet available at any price.

Still jealous though . . . . . :rolleyes:

So Play Race Driver,

We'll let you catch up, almost . . . .

Warren :lol:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived