CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 STS Turbo

MARK 99STS

Well I haven't been on the board for a while so I thought I would give everybody an update.

We found a way to control the timing by using a MSD DIS-4 ignition system with a muti channel boost referenced timing retard module also from MSD. It also has an adjustable soft rev limiter and adjustable shift light.

Thanks to Kevin Pearson, I now have a manual shift controller with a switch to toggle back and forth from “track” mode to stock. It’s really trick as he hooked up a LED to show what gear the car is in at any given time whether in track or stock mode. It also has safety features so you can’t go from say 4th to 1st. You have to shift it sequentially. Currently I am just using buttons at the end of two wires, but we are going to integrate it into the “temp” rocker switch on the steering wheel since I never use it. My USB port for the piggy back computer is hidden in the power port on the passenger side. The switch for the manual shifter is in the drivers’ side panel between the seat and console. The switch for the traction control override is just below the hood release. The car is seriously James Bond stuff. Really cool.

I took it to the track last night to test out the shifter. A really hot muggy day. Not good for racing, but I still did fairly well. It will take some practice and time to get a feel for the best shift points. I guess it will be a continual work in progress.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

HP Tuners has the 2006 Deville 4.6L on their list of supported cars. Might be worth a visit to http://www.hptuners.com/ and a call to see if you could finally adjust the fuel curves with software. Might be that the 2006 is on a newer PCM though; I recall something similar in the 'what's changed' write-ups.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

HP Tuners has the 2006 Deville 4.6L on their list of supported cars. Might be worth a visit to http://www.hptuners.com/ and a call to see if you could finally adjust the fuel curves with software. Might be that the 2006 is on a newer PCM though; I recall something similar in the 'what's changed' write-ups.

Just sent them an email. God that would so kick azz if they supoorted the '00+ N*'s. :D

Just sent them an email. God that would so kick azz if they supoorted the '00+ N*'s. :D

And they do not support the 2005 and down N*s. <_<

STATE-OF-THE-ART E67 CONTROLLER AVAILABLE IN ALL APPLICATIONS:

The E67 electronic control module that was added to the front-drive applications, the Buick Lucerne and Cadillac DTS, for the 2006 Model Year is now the standard controller in all of the applications. This adds the STS performance sedan, and the XLR roadster and SRX crossover SUV.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Ah, thanks. Looks like I still have more research to do as you have the centralized coil packs, and I have coil over cylinder. I'm thinking I'm just going to focus on researching the DTS cams/computer upgrade or something.

Cheers,

Nikolai

Ah, thanks. Looks like I still have more research to do as you have the centralized coil packs, and I have coil over cylinder. I'm thinking I'm just going to focus on researching the DTS cams/computer upgrade or something.

Cheers,

Nikolai

MSD also has an ignition systems for coil over applications also.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Still, I don't think it's going to kill torque management like I'd want it to. These sloppy fall on its face WOT shifts are very annoying.

I agree. I'm working on that right now also. You think it is slow with 300hp, try it with 500. It is terrible. I am trying to find a way that I can control line pressure.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

That's my number one priority, but as there is no aftermarket support for any tuning what so ever, it makes it very difficult.

You know I called the dealer a while back asking about a bigger rear sway bar, and they suggested the "HD" one for the limos. I wonder if they have a similar option for a beefier tranny. Could be worth some investigation.

Archived