CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What the Deville was made to do

Not only is this my :D100th :D post but I have some other good news.

Some of you have probibly picked up from my posts that I am going to a wedding this weekend (car will be hitting 90,000 miles too), driving out thursday.

Well I found out that my Deville...um rather my fathers, but mine in a year or so... will be in charge of transporting the bride (along with me being the driver) once I get down there, I guess from the last time we visited down there they picked up on how fine of an automobile this is. I will transport her from her home, to the hotel to get changed, and the off to get re-married (they are a military family so they got married and never really had time for a big wedding, but now they have some time so they are renewing their vows, how nice :))

So I've got the special car wash shine stuff, the tire shine, the soft cloths, the leather cleaning wipes and after I drive in Thursday I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of people to help me detail the car inside and out.

Unfortunatly the crack in the front bumper and the scracth from the keying aren't going to get fixed until sometime in August, but this car should look just great anyway.

I want to thank "BodyByFisher" for recommending the Meguairs Tire Shine, that stuff is great, put it on "foam applicator" which I assumed ment sponge and applied, waited, wiped with a cloth, touched it up a bit, applied, waited, whiped again. Looks great right now, couldn't help but try it out after I bought it. The nice thing about it is you can decide how glossy you want it, gives a nice touch.

Went to Pep Boys and felt like a kid in the candy store buying the detailing supplies. Will also be getting my oil from their next time, unless I find another lower priced place, great deals.

I'll have pictures when I return of the shined up caddy :)

This will be one of those times when I'm glad the stock exhaust and engine is near silent below 2000RPMS :) I don't think 8 triumphant cylinders breathing and speaking will be wanted at this occasion :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Here's a pic of our caddy decorated for our wedding, this was when we still had the 92 eldorado:

IPB Image

Our actual "getaway" car was a 1985 Rolls Royce Limo :D Very sweet ride! Here's a pic as we are about to leave:

IPB Image

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I did the limo and driver bit once with my first Deville. It was a kick!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I want to thank "BodyByFisher" for recommending the Meguairs Tire Shine, that stuff is great, put it on "foam applicator" which I assumed ment sponge and applied, waited, wiped with a cloth, touched it up a bit, applied, waited, whiped again. Looks great right now, couldn't help but try it out after I bought it. The nice thing about it is you can decide how glossy you want it, gives a nice touch.

You are welcome!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I was going to drive fools from the town I live in over to the Wichita airport so I would be able to get on the highway more but I guess I would need some stupid special policy and maybe even a special license

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

[attachmentid=2676]Yep, know the drill well. My 99 Concours has served in four weddings now including mine! Luckily, I didn't have to drive for mine. :D Faithfully served in Columbia, SC; Charleston, WV; Pasadena, MD; and Allentown, PA!

Here it is doing its duty in April of 2003.

post-87-1154034480_thumb.jpg

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

• 2 weeks later...

nice pictures guys, unfortunately no one snapped pictures of the car but me so you don't get to see it in its moment of glory but I have some pictures of it outside the hotel after it was shined up.

Hitting the 90,000 Mile Mark, other than being caught in traffic I did 70-90, there were some hills where 90 was nicely and easily acheived and I couldn't help but take it up the governer on one strait away of open highway....which is sadly 112mph, the car was easily climbing higher but then bing that message of Top Speed Reached - Fuel Off pops up. Click to make any pictures bigger.

IPB Image

Did great mileage on the trip, nearly 25mpg (my own calcuations show nearly the same) and I have a tendancy to catch myself with a lead foot.

Here's the nice pictures of it shined up:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived