CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTC Codes 1343,1141 & 1161

Hello folks my baby seems to be sick again, could be because of this heatwave.

I have been intermittently getting the following codes:

DTC B1141 Driver Pretensioner Loop Resistance High

DTC B1161 Lamp Circuit Failure

DTC B1343 Air Inlet Door Movement Fault

I have no clue what to do with the exception of taking it to the dealer. I know I know but no ones else around here seems to be able to work on my Caddillac.

Any help would be appreciated on this guys. I am going to start off by ensuring the connections to the battery are clean and tight.

The strange set of codes looks like it might be an electrical problem, probably a bad ground. The last one is a slow or sticking heater and A/C temperature control door. The other two may be air bag subsystem codes. If so, all could be caused by a single bad connection, short, or bad ground in the wiring behind the dashboard.

Any good mechanic with an OBD II code reader will be able to work on your car. Goodyear service centers are often good, for example. Look for traning certification certificates on the office wall and other obvious signs of training. Look for cars similar to yours in the service area.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks for the guidance Jim.

I am sorry I forgot to mention in my original post when I start the car the "Service Air Bag" message comes on.

As far as the "air inlet door movement fault" code this has only started happening since I started using the rear a/c for the back passengers. Although this could be just coincedental.

Is the air to the back seat OK? If so, the door may have simply stuck once. If the code is a History code, that's probably what it is.

The driver petensioner is apparently an SIR code. That would account for the "Air Bag" light.

These codes won't clear until you start and drive the car 40 times, once they happen. I don't know which lamp would be on a PCM code but it is probably an instrument panel lamp. It does look like a bad connection or ground in the under-dashboard wiring.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived