CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gas prices at 25 year high...

The Fred

That's the dumbest news headline I have ever seen.

Gasoline and everything else had ought to be at a 25 year high.

Prices don't go down over the years, what is this, hopefulls for deflation? :lol:

Adjusted for inflation I believe gasoline would be right at $5/gallon.. in Europe I believe they pay $7/gallon but they have less roads and use more bicycles and feet. Here in the states gasoline could very well be priced at or above the five dollar mark before you know it.

They always raise the heck out of it and then lower it half what they raised it and people actually go out buying more of it thinking what a deal.. heh. What is the per gallon tax here in the states, use to be forty cents... don't forget the increased costs due to ridiculous blending requirements- thanks EPA! Don't forget that our government will not allow perfectly good refineries to operate, many stateside refineries have been sitting idle for a long time... most of them actually!

Then you have the dumb stupid easterners playing games and the chineez people learning to drive so they need more oil , there goes the demand climbing again.

Add to that the out of control financial situation in America where fools are living on credit money they qualify for due to overinflated incomes and you have a situation where they will pay any price for any convenience.. and the poor working man has to buy the gasoline or he can't get to work and make any money..

Nothing can be done... the ignorant masses are tearing us down piece by piece brick by brick so just hang on for the ride and quit complaining about gasoline prices because they are just a symptom of a much greater problem... it is like having a heart attack and just merely treating the pain - even if we could fix the symptoms we're too far gone and only a revolution will fix us now. :angry:

:unsure:;)

As an aside,

What really worries me is normal people making $40k-$100k

These days a "good job", the average lifespan of those is not 40 years in this day and age - no sir, it is more like ten years at best.

So the average idiot who owns 5x more house than he is worth and makes twice his house payment in automobiles is really doomed when he finally realises that there is no such thing as job security any more.

What can we say when it all falls down... oops?

Check your balance :)

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Right, there is no such thing as job secuirty any more. Employers have no loyalty, so why should employees have loyalty? To employers, employees are just a bunch of numbers to be hired and terminated.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Right, there is no such thing as job secuirty any more. Employers have no loyalty, so why should employees have loyalty? To employers, employees are just a bunch of numbers to be hired and terminated.

Agreed.

But that is how capitalism works.

A man is free to not go in to be employed and become a number.

Myself, I've only had a normal persons job one time in my life - for three months.

I've had really fat money times and I've had counting change for gasoline times.. but it has all been a result of what I did to deserve what I got. I made bad decisions when I had alot of money coming in and made some other wrong choices so capitalism knocked me on my butt.

Capitalism works :lol:

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Archived