CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IPC ovverride, IPS03, Option C

It always annoys me that at the E/3 level stoping, turning, accelerating makes the car chime "Fuel Level Low" over and over.

I cam across this on the how to section:

The service manual indicates 2 ways of turning off the message-

'The 'apply brake to shift message' can be cancelled by pressing the 'off' and 'cooler' buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. Once the message is cancelled, it can be brought back with the same procedure.'

The other way would be to go thru the cluster diagnostics and subtract a value of -1- from the stored setting for IS09.

Logan

www.logandiagnostic.com

Looking again through the archives, I see some discussion on this topic, and Logan mentioned that it could be turned off, but there was not a step by step procedure given that I can find

For my 96, you would go to the IPC overrides, to IPS03, Option C, and add 4 to the value there.

The value is a sum of the following possible options:

Premium unleaded only graphic suppression 64

Daytime running lamps 32

Cell Phone installed 16

BTSI Message suppression 4

Options not set 2

"Low Fuel Level" suppression 1

Where I am guessing that the BTSI, Brake Transaxle Shift interlock message is the "Brake to shift" message. I am not clear on why this message is irritating? It

seems to just be an information message to me.

NOTICE -- an IP1557 DTC will be set if the shop manual procedures are not followed exactly. An IP1557 is not recoverable, and the IPC will have to be replaced. If, while performing the flowing procedure, (following?) the "OFF" button is pressed and the IPC displays "IPC CLEAR CODES", exit on board diagnostics and start over. This will reset the options back to their original settings and prevent IP1557 from setting.

Make changes using the "Cooler" (digital IPC) or "Passenger Cooler" (analog IPC).

Store changes press and hold "front defrost" and "auto/econ" (digital IPC) or "Front Defrost" and "a/c" (analog IPC) until the value on the trip odometer flashes once (approximately 5 seconds).

good luck,

bruce

www.caddyinfo.com

I have already turned off the Brake to Shift message since my book actually told me how to that and its annoying haveing it pop up while I'm just trying to look over the values in the DIC or checking something.

My question was, will the above procedure work on my 1998 Deville and does anyone have the paitence to basically tell me exactly how to do it, the idea of turning my IPC into a brick is a scary one.

From what I gather I go threw the information and since I want fuel level low removed I add "1" to what ever value is currently displayed.

From the looks of it this also is the way one is suppose to turn off the DRLs if they choose too, I know there is a group of people that really have a thing against them, I really don't care one way or the other but I should comment it is much easier to see individual vehicles at distance when they have DRLs, especially threw that haze or heat the sometimes comes from the pavement.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

nevermind figured it out, wasn't as scary as I thought :) pretty strait forward.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

well it will still say E and will still have the E flash and ding but not the message that pops up every 2 minutes.

The Green's Machines

I can understand wanting to have the low fuel message removed If I remember it says "Check Fuel gauge". If you were low on fuel, and you opened your trunk, you will get three messages flashing across the display "Trunk Open","Apply Brake to shift" and "Check Fuel Gauge". I thought it was a bit much too. I still get the "very low fuel" message. I had the dealer do this after a few months of having the car.

Yeah it will still say Check Fuel Gauge when it goes to the flashing E I think (also will say that when you have the display off with just the speed showing.)

The Green's Machines

Archived