CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2005 CTS Driving impressions

I am still having a great ownership experience with my 2005 CTS 3.6L. With summer here in Texas, the light platinum exterior, light neutral interior is still the best bet for staying cool on 102F days.

The 5speed automatics in these are terrific. I often leave the transmission in 'normal' mode, but 'sport' mode is there when I need the CTS to stay in a higher RPM range for high dynamic escapades.

The 3.6L engine feels strong and consistent. It revs easily, is crisp and responsive, and sounds great through the Corsa cat-back system. My fuel economy reports are good, averaging 18+ in mixed city / metro driving and 25-26 at 75+ on the highway for trips.

The interior is holding up perfectly, with no visible wear, or audible squeaks, or rattles.

Next CTS I am likely to get the sport package which adds stabilitrak, and guarantees limited slip differential. I still suspect that all CTS's feature LSD, but that Cadillac only advertises it as a part of the various sport packages. By test, my 2005 CTS base model does have LSD for example.

The 06/07 models are out now, and offer more wood trim on the inside, and manual shift control of the automatic. With the 2008 redesign, I am hoping to drive my 2005 until I have around 50K miles in 2008, then get a 2008 model as the 09's come out.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived