CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 Deville 4.9L upgrades

estretcha

I own a 94 Deville with the 4.9L, 200 HP engine. I'm attempting to increase the HP to the 260-300 range with the following upgrades:

Air intake and Ram air systems

Ignition (starter, coil and ignition wire upgrades)

Electrical (alternator, spark plug, and spark plug wire upgrades)

Performance exhaust headers

Exhaust upgrades with 3-4 inch outlets

aluminum pulleys, alternator, water pump and fuel pump

I have found everything except the Headers, Ram intake and Air intake systems. Does anyone know of a source that sells or custom manufactures these components? Thanks in advance for any replies.

You won't gain 60-100 horsepower with bolt-ons. If you installed all of the above, I'd guess 30 at the outside. You could custom-make the headers and intakes, although the intakes would probably be much easier to fabricate. Sorry I can't help you more. Not much stuff for a DeVille platform.

You'd probably gain the most (maybe 10-15 hp) from a nice free-flowing converter and muffler setup. Maybe a Dynomax Ultraflo or Super Turbo. The rest (different spark plugs, larger wires, pulleys) can add up in cost quickly and may increase your power by a single digit amount, if any.

If you really want a faster DeVille, get one with a Northstar. They came in two flavors. One with a 275 hp, 300 lb*ft engine. One with a 300 hp, 295 lb*ft engine.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived