CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

cruise control not working right..

steve6

my cruise control is not working right, it will kick in, but eventually turn it self off and not come back on. I usually have to turn the car off and on a couple times for it to work, its pretty annoying and id like to get it fixed...

Has anyone see this happen? Id like to replace the CC unit, but am having a hard time finding one at a wreckers, does anyone know if a 96 deville unit will work? It looks the same and same wire connector from what I can tell. This is the unit I was looking at buying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-DE...sspagenameZWDVW

thanks

is it giveing any codes? Could be a bad wheel speed sensor or something (that is if it uses those to determine speed, I'm not entirely sure)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

After a quick and dirty 10 minute search for part numbers on two web-based parts sellers, part # 25344191 Cruise Control unit applies to a '99 Seville and a '96 Deville. New part price $284.00 + S&H. MSRP = $379.00.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived