CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cars I "use to own" thread (Post yours!)

The Fred

1968 Corvette

1968 Olds Starfire

1964 Grand Prix

1966 Caddy Convertible

1968 Caddy Convertible

1972 Olds Cutlass S

1974 Caddy Eldo Conv

1988 Pontiac Bonneville

1991 Caddy Seville

1986 Corvette

1994 Ford Explorer

2002 Monte Carlo

1996 Caddy Deville

Growing up my parents had:

1954 Packard Carabean

1949 Mercury

1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

1962 Cadillac Calais

1964 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

1965 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

1971 Cadillac Sedan Deville

(any wonder I like Cadillac?)

Didnt u also have a nissan 240sx?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, now that you've mentioned it, I would find it interesting if the 1989 30th anniversary Trans Am had a better 0-60 time than the 89 Corvette. That one model had the Buick Turbo charged 3.8 engines and as I remember they were pretty peppy.

WRT to the Buick engines, when they were dropped into a couple og GM S-10 trucks (Cyclone & Typhoon) they were really get-up & go- getters as well!

Jim

My first car I bought in 2000 was a 95 Chrysler Concorde 3.3L I drove the hell out of this car and never had a problem sold it with 225,000 miles on the clock and its still running strong. My current car a 92 Cadillac ETC with 72,000 miles on the clock I hope this one lasts as long as the Corde did.

My first car I bought in 2000 was a 95 Chrysler Concorde 3.3L I drove the hell out of this car and never had a problem sold it with 225,000 miles on the clock and its still running strong. My current car a 92 Cadillac ETC with 72,000 miles on the clock I hope this one lasts as long as the Corde did.

Whippersnapper! :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

My first car I bought in 2000 was a 95 Chrysler Concorde 3.3L I drove the hell out of this car and never had a problem sold it with 225,000 miles on the clock and its still running strong.

Our Grand Caravan has the 3.3L V-6. That is one SMOOTH engine. We expect an easy 200k miles out of that vehicle. It's been absolutely flawless so far, but only 60k miles.

Cheers,

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Our Grand Caravan has the 3.3L V-6. That is one SMOOTH engine. We expect an easy 200k miles out of that vehicle.

Well, I expect "an easy 200k miles" from *any* vehicle I own.

That achievment, on the other hand, can be problematic. :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

"Our Grand Caravan has the 3.3L V-6. That is one SMOOTH engine. We expect an easy 200k miles out of that vehicle. It's been absolutely flawless so far, but only 60k miles.

Cheers,"

The 3.3L is pretty much a bulletproof engine. On another forum dodgeintrepid.net there is a guy who has over 500,000 miles on his 3.3L he has gone through 3 transmissions but still has the original 3.3L, they don't have a lot of power but they make up for that with reliability.

"Whippersnapper! :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren"

Old fart! :D:D:D

J/K

OK you asked for it!

70 Chevelle

72 Datsun 510

75 Fury

74 Satelite

73 Road Runner

72 Satelite Sebring

71 Monte Carlo

72 Monte Carlo

68 Firebird

73 Trans Am

78 Trans Am

71 Lemans

78 Super Econoline

85 Mini van

89 Accord

86 Eldorado

89 Sedan Deville

76 GMC 3/4

95 Gmc Sonoma

79 Bronco

86 Bubaru

95 Eldorado

96 STS

69 Scout

69 Mercury

83 Wagoneer

Honorable Mention:

POS Ski boat (hey it ran and floated what do you want!)

Kawasaki 440LTD

Suzuki 250RM

Still have the STS, Sonoma and Suzuki

• 1 month later...

I can't remember all the cars I've owned since 1975; I am a car nut and I know it is well over a hundred. I was born and grew up in Germany where I had numerous BMWs and Mercedes. Everything from a BMW1602 to a BMW 2800 and from a MB 230 to a MB 280S. The fastest car and most expensive to maintain was a 1971 Porsche 911S. The ragliest and slowest I ever owned was 1969 Citroen 2CV.

In 1985 I moved to the US and really started to enjoy all the stuff you can do to cars over here. Try to put an American Thunder Flowmaster system on car and pass inspection in Germany. You'll probably get arrested on the way to the inspection station. If onybody out there has been in Germany you know what I mean. The fastest car I have owned here was my 1971 Plymouth Duster 340 which I totally restored myself; it was barely drivable on the street, loud as hell, got about 6mpg, but it ran 11.20 in a 1/4 mile. I had sevral Cadillacs.

Here is what I own right now:

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

2001 PT Cruiser (wife's)

2005 Dodge Ram (brand new, sitting on jack stands while I am in Iraq)

1974 Suzuki GT750 (my baby)

1994 Seville SLS (just bought it of eBay while I am deployed)

I am not as "experienced" in the age department as some of you folks, but I have wheeled and dealed quite a few cars... I was actually suprised when I wrote them down! Good thing most of them were before I got married... or I might be divorced!

1974 Nova. The beater I drove while restoring....

1970 Nova

1971 VW Beetle

1974 Buick Regal (Blew up the engine on the way home!)

1978 Camaro Z--28

1978 Buick Regal Sport Coupe (first V-6 turbo regal)

1983 Buick Riviera S-type (turbo V-6)

1986 Buick Regal T-type

1986 Grand Am

1987 Pontiac Bonneville

1994 Pontiac Bonneville

1994 Pontiac Formula Firebird

------------------------------------------- AFTER KIDS-----------------------

1986 GMC Safari (327 V-8, 700R4 trans)

1987 Toyota Hilux Pickup 4x4

1995 GEO Prisz (Emabarassing!!!)

2 or 3 GEO Metros

1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0

1992 Ford Probe GT turbo

1992 Camaro 1-LE Z-28

1996 Chevy Z-71 P/U

1997 Cadillac STS

1999 Chevy Blazer 4x4

2003 Chevy Trailblazer

2005 Buick Rondesvous

------------------ 2 wheeled toys----------------------------------------------

1985 RZ500

1987 Honda VFR

1990 Yamaha TZ250

1992 Yamaha TZ250

1995 Yamaha TZ250

1997 ATK 250 Dirtbike

1997 Yamaha TZ250

2001 Honda RC-51

2002 MV Agusta F4

Nice to see some Porsches on this Caddy list!

Here's my list, in order of acquisition:

1981 Chevy S-10 (first vehicle!)

1989 Pontiac Sunbird

1987 Porsche 944 (really reliable, fun car - but underpowered)

2000 VW Jetta 1.8t (great car - fast, reliable, efficient 30+ MPG)

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (awesome, fast, exciting car - until neighbor ran it over)

1995 GMC Yukon (total POS, had it one year, couldn't get rid of it soon enough)

1995 BMW 325is (nice, reliable, fun car)

Current Stable:

1977 Porsche 911S (favorite car, owned for around 7 years now) B)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT (still have it, good basic SUV, 4.7l V8 gets decent MPG)

1999 Cadillac STS (just purchased, so far so good!)

- Damion

Interesting thread....

This might be hard to remember, I'm 42, and it seems like a long time ago already.... by the way, disclaimer, everything on this list was bought used....

1979 Buick Regal - not bad, had a 301 V8

1982 Toyota Supra - bought it from my Dad's neighbor... very nice car.

1986 Toyota Supra - Nice car, until the head gasket let go... you think Northstars are expensive, hah! Back then they wanted $3000 to fix it, back when $3000 was real money... had to sell it.

1986 Mazda RX-7 - bought it cheap, but actually a nice car. Rotary engine LOVED gas... for such a tiny car, to get only 15 mpg, no matter what.... wow.

1988 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa - Okay, now I got serious. This was a nice car. With a chip in it, I had 285 horses on a dyno at the rear tires... Didn't get off the line, but from 40 to 120, nothing ever kept up... Sadly, this car was cracked up very badly and totalled. Luckily, my friends were wrong, they told me the targa roof car was a deathtrap, but I hit it as hard as I could, and I walked away with a bump on the head, and black & blue marks where the seat belt was....

1989 Mazda RX-7 - Okay, I'd changed jobs, cracked up my Supra, and no longer qualified for a loan, so I bought this cheap, with a messed up front fender. A paintless dent repair guy did an amazing job on the fender, amazing, and it looked decent. Actually a real nice car. Had the 13B rotary, which was an upgrade over the 86, and it was definitely an improvement. In some ways, I'm sorry I sold it, because it was paid for, and nice, and I liked it....

1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA - The RX-7 started to seem a little small, and I was financially in better shape, and found this thing real reasonably priced. Nice. The front & rear bumpers were a little messed up, but I worked at a paint factory, so that was going to be corrected the first winter while it sat in storage.... super nice car. 350 tuned port injection, got off the line great, untouchable stoplight to stoplight.... Actually a real nice car.... sorry I sold that too. I was also tired of shifting.... the automatic seemed like a great idea. From day one, I got a ton of compliments on this car.... which opened my eyes to the fact that there is no prestige in driving a foreign car....

At this point, my friends, is when a watershed even happened in my life... no, I did NOT get married... who said that?!?!? Please.... No no no, something far more important than marriage.... I BOUGHT MY FIRST CADILLAC!!!!

1979 Cadillac Eldorado - Aha! A Cadillac at last. Actually, this was in rough shape... I bought it for winters, because it immediately became apparent that the Trans Am GTA was NOT a winter car.... yikes! The color was bad, yellow with yellow leather... but the car was sweet in it's own way. Lazy Boy seat... the wood & glass steering wheel.. sunroof that worked... 350 olds V8 with fuel injection.... body was really rough. But again, I worked at a paint factory, so.... I took some books out of the library about how to do body work, matched paint for the thing, and did the body the first spring I had it... and it looked great. Started hitting junkyards for parts... it was really walking tall, when I got through with it... this car actually started 2 lifelong obsessions with me, Cadillacs and Lurking in Salvage Yards....

1990 Cadillac Eldorado - Well, okay, maintaining 2 cars (and a bike) was starting to wear on me, so I decided that what I REALLY needed was one car, year round. And I REALLY liked that 79 Eldorado... that was a sweet ride... drove it to Minneapolis a few times... so I picked up a 90 Eldorado for a song. This was in 1993, roughly, so the new body styles (and who ever dreamed it would be the last???) where out, so demand for those previous smaller ones was nonexistant... so I got this 90 Eldorado. 4.5 high output, horses went up I think from 160 to 180 over the previous year, and premium gas. What a nice car. Very underrated and underappreciated car, in the pantheon of Cadillacs...

Yeah, now I'm living with my girlfriend.... and we buy this house together, and it needs work, so...

1996 Toyota 4x4 Pickup. - I shopped forever, and finally found one with a 6. It was still a dog. A 5-speed slug. It was good for hauling though. I went to the stone quarry once, picked up 2500 pounds of gravel, and drove home... honest to god, it rode the same & drove the same, full or empty.

My girlfriend really liked that truck, for some reason, while I got tired of it real fast... so I sold her the truck and picked up:

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT - This was a super nice SUV. Loaded to the gills. Rode like a Cadillac, super smooth. This was in 1997, this is still the newest vehicle I've ever bought. New, it went out on a 3-year lease, but the lady ran up all the miles in the first year, and had to give it back... so, 1 year old, 35,700 miles, mint condition, absolutely mint. Super nice truck. I'm sorry I sold that too, at least I was... Utterly unstoppable in the snow.

Now, I move out on that girl, and move in with another girl....

And then, well, factors collided, and I found myself short on money again, so to get my payments DOWN, I traded that for:

1992 Cadillac Eldorado - This was a 4.9 car, obviously, and with Northstars out, and getting a lot of positive attention, this poor car was beached at a dealership, for months. They made me a ridiculous deal on it. Mint condition, again. Absolutely mint. What a sweet ride. Very trouble free. I missed this car a great deal when I sold it. I firmly realized that this is my kind of car: 2 door luxury sports coupe.

Now I'm single again, back living with my parents at age 35.... yeah, I know, it's not good. But, it sure was nice to have a paid-off car while looking for a house/condo...

So after getting my own place, and a better job, I realize I need a truck again, partly for work, partly for hobbies. Thus, sadly, I sold the 1992 Eldorado. The offered me $1000 in trade, I threw it in the paper for $4000, the first guy that looked at it handed over the cash instantly and drove it off, said it was the nicest one he'd seen in 6 months.... I do keep my rides in nice shape. I'm not much of a housekeeper in my house, but my rides are always sharp. See, in America, we fix what shows.... we don't quit smoking, we buy smoker's tooth polish!

But I digress.

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT - Aha! A Full sized SUV... I really wanted another GMC, but this was really the same thing. You can sit in both, drive both... blindfolded, you couldn't tell the difference. Again, ridiculously mint condition. Sales guy leased it for a company car, truned it in with 59,000 on it. The driver's seat showed a slight amount of wear, the rest were pristine. Loaded. 5.7 Vortec. Super nice. Gets the same mileage as the Jimmy got. Felt like I was driving a bus initially, but I got used to it, and now I love it. Drove it to Florida once, super nice ride. Suspension definitely tuned for the highway. With this truck, I got over selling that Jimmy. There's nothing like a full-sized GM truck....

2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Bought this for a summer toy car. Very nice car. The ride is night & day better than a C4, and it's way faster. All in all, a nice car, but severely limited practicality. Can't carry anything. Golf bag? Wouldn't fit. Toolbox for work? Wouldn't fit. So besides car shows and rallys, I hardly drove it in two years... Super mint shape. Also, I got pulled over constantly... when your attorney tells you to sell the car, it's time to sell the car.... It just seemed silly to make the huge payments and never drive the thing... plus, I joined this Corvette Club, I'm 40, and I'm the youngest person there BY FAR.... kind of strange. NOthing like the Harley Owners Group... I made like 1 good freindship there in 2 years, the rest of the people were a little off.....

So, as you may have sensed, I was not so enamored with the "Corvette experience".... Also, when you BUY a Corvette, everyone wants a ton of money... deals are impossible to find. When you go to SELL your Corvette, it's worthless. Nobody wants to pay squat. I never took such a beating on a car in my life....

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe - I'll never forget driving this thing home, about halfway home, I just kind of settled in the seat and said "Ahhhhhhh.... I'm home". Just a great, peaceful feeling came over me. I actually had a car to sit in... I got a little tired of the claustraphobic cabin in the Corvette, too.... the Caddy has a nice roomy cockpit in it. And not only did I get a Cadillac, I had many thousands of dollars left over in excess from the Corvette deal!!! Nicer car, and money.... I'll take it.

So now, I have the perfect combination of summer & winter vehicles: the Eldorado for summer, and the Tahoe for Winter. Perfect.

Bikes. I guess this wouldn't be complete without a breakdown of bikes I've had.

1984 Honda Interceptor 500 - my first bike. Seems like 1000 years ago...

1986 Honda INterceptor VFR 750R - heh heh, now I got serious. What a rocket. Not by today's standards, but back then, that was a fast bike. The Acura Legend of Sportbikes... rideable, but very fast. I proceeded to go to California Superbike School, do some mods on the thing, and race it some.... ahhh, to be young and immortal again..... mint condition, repossessed bike with 600 miles on it when I got it. Tires weren't even scrubbed yet...

Then I got out of bikes for awhile... then my brother bought a bike, so I had to have another one...

1986 Honda Shadow 750 - kind of a Harley look alike thing. Stole it from a guy for $800. Tore it apart and had it painted, it looked fabulous. But alas, we needed more....

1996 Honda Shadow 1100 - a nice bike. I was getting into different hobbies, though, hence the truck, and I hardly rode it.... Oddly enough, this was the only Honda that ever gave me trouble... had this dual carb setup that should have worked great, but it was endlessly giving me problems....

1996 Harley Davidson FLSTN Heritage Softail "Nostalgia" Special Edition, 1 of 300 - Super nice bike. Fantastic. Couldn't be happier. I lost count long ago of how many compliments I've got on this bike. In stark contrast to the Corvette Ownership Experience, Harley Ownership is the greatest thing in the world. You'll meet the coolest people and have a blast..... Yeah, I know, they cost a lot, but for what you get, it's the best bargain in the world.... It's heavily chromed, and had a lot of serious engine work done, it's an honest 82 hourses at the rear tire, which is pretty good for a little 80 inch motor....

"Ahhhhhhh.... I'm home".

You said it brother.

When you sit into that one car that just fits ya right it is like the first time you're inside of a beautiful woman for a few hours.

It just is incredible.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

I've had more cars than I can remember over the years, starting with a '61 Chrysler Windsor when I was 18. My next 3 cars were a '59 Buick Electra 225, a '63 Imperial Crown, and a '67 Chrysler 300 coupe. I never lost the taste for barges, and started dabbling in Cadillacs and Lincolns. The Cadillacs I've owned are:

1959 Series 62 Convertible - silver

1965 Coupe de Ville (with factory buckets and console) - pale yellow

1971 Calais Coupe - olive green

1973 Sedan de Ville - gold

1975 Coupe de Ville - white with red leather

1975 Ambulance (Miller Meteor) - red and white, of course

1977 Seville - mint green with dark green vinyl roof

1977 Sedan de Ville - bronze/burnt orange color

1979 Ambulance. This was the last year for Cadillac ambulances, and only ten were built. Mine was #3 of 10. (Superior body)

1981 Coupe de Ville - beige with brown quarter vinyl roof

1991 Coupe de Ville - I think they called it "Persian sand" with brown carriage roof

1991 Allante - red

1997 Sedan de Ville - triple black with carriage roof

2001 DTS - black

The Allante was one of my favorite all time cars, until I couldn't find parts for it anymore. My current drivers are the DTS and a cherry '72 Malibu convertible in red.

An Ambulance! Very nice.....

A friend of mine had one.. it was actually pretty cool.... he's kind of an eccentric guy, so it fit his personality perfectly... he ran into the same problem though, parts were becoming difficult....

• 9 years later...

I came from a GM FAMILY! Gpaw 63 years GM ENGINEER. So that being said I've had over forty GM cars from Trans Ams to Irocs etc..... But when I was old enough to pay for my own it was CADILLAC THAT I WENT AND GRABBED . So far I've had 1993 Fleetwood Brougham that was my first one , 1995 WHITE ON WHITE ON BURGANDY FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM ( built LT1), by far my favorite 101.5 in the quarter and 5400 lbs. But the first time I drove an STS I WAS HOME.... 1995 PEARL WHITE STS Z RATED 9 code 155 top speed that I verified numerous times in my youth haha. 1995 SLS ,1996 SLS , 1997 DEVILLE CONCOURSE ( dark green on tan like new money ) , and finally a 1999 CRIMSON PEARL STS fully loaded original sticker $63000 and change. I am in the market as we speak for a low mileage New body DTS . I am a lover of the older style though for sure the 1997 - 1999 Devilles to me were the end of an era I miss the fins. Anyways I'm glad to become a member of this forum and look forward to learning as well as sharing my knowledge of Cadillacs. Thanks.

As a previous owner of a '99 Diamond White STS, and a current owner of a "New body DTS", I'll say that you will regret ever getting out of the STS. There is just no way to explain the differences that those final drive ratios make. Keep in mind that I even tried out a 2004 STS (the last year for them) and the cam was too mild compared to the 99. Smoother, but just not as much fun. At the very least, you should be looking for the performance or Platinum edition new style DTS.

All of that bring said, I will be selling my 2008 DTS in the very near future. 38,000 miles, Lux III (think rear window shade, nice leather, high final drive) prob ask about 18 for it. Also diamond white/ light tan/ heated & cooled/ rainsense/sunroof. I drove it off the showroom floor, no dings.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Use Photobucket or some such free photo hosting service, then use the "insert photo" widget here to post as big a photo as you like.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here goes

Caddys

1985 Eldorado

1989 Seville

1995 Eldorado ETC

1996 STS

Non Caddy but loved

1972 Datsun 510 2dr

1973 Pontiac 455 Formula

1978 Trans Am

1969 Scout 800A (everyone should drive one once)

1970 Monte Carlo

1972 Monte Carlo (Factory buckets console tach and gauges)

and about 10 more cars that don't make the list

best would be the 96 STS edging out the 73 Formula ( Formula was nice but the 96 STS beats them all)

As you will see, I was a mopar guy and got corrupted :blush: ...

1st car 68 torino gt 390 4sp

2nd 69 charger rt 440 auto and the mopar bug has bit, a green one and a yellow one

68 gtx 426 hemi 4sp, 69 gtx 440 auto 70 gtx 440 six pak pistol grip 4sp, 71 gtx 440 4sp

68 coronet 318 auto

78 cobra II 302 4 sp (think Farah Fawcett) a blue one and a black one

68 dodge rt 440 auto

69 roadrunner 383 4sp a green one and a yellow one

70 cuda' one 340 auto orange and black, one 440 4sp lime green

68 dart gts 383 4sp

68 charger rt 440 4sp

70 chrysler imperial 440 auto

69 super bee 440 six pak (lift off hood) 4sp (owned for 35 years)

85 chrysler lebaron ugh powerless

74 beetle 4sp

85 dodge daytona 2.2 turbo 5sp, one black and one red

89 chrysler lebaron 2.2 turbo 5s

70 chevy wagon 350 auto

91 chevy lumina 3.1 auto

99 chevy lumina 3.1 auto

82 mustang gt 5.0 5sp

91 mustang 4 cyl 5 sp

91 chrysler lebarons convertible auto

99 chevy blazer

02 chevy blazer 4x4

2007 toyota camry for 3 days lol

08 grand prix se 3800 auto

04 grand prix gt 3800 auto

02 grand prix se 3.1

97 firebird formula lt1 350 auto

99 dodge avenger auto

99 mustang convertible

02 mustang 3.8 auto

48 chevy pick up 3pd on column

68 chevy truck 283 auto

75 chevy truck 454 auto

89 chevy truck 350 auto

currently own

99 grand prix gtp 3800 supercharged auto

o5 grand prix gtp comp G 3800 supercharged (paddle shifters)

99 cadillac sts 4.6 auto

2011 mustang gt 5.0 auto shaker hood

2006 cadillac xlr-v 4.4 supercharged auto

97 chevy truck 350 auto lifted 4x4

2000 trans am ws6 ls1 350 6sp ram air

Of all those cars that trans am was and is the most fun to drive! It was also the car that converted me from mopars, though I kept that super bee for another 8 years until I

"had" to have the xlr-v and sold it to make that happen. The mustang and the xlr-v are faster and the xlr corners better, but just riding in it you wouldn't think so. I have always

preferred manual transmissions and the xlr would be, if they made one.

Was the 426 Hemi one of those with huge tuned intake runners that put two four-barrel carburetors over each valve cover? How did the 426 Hemi drive?

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

No Jim it wasn't. It was a solid lifter, cam with 2 carter afb's that sat right in the center. If you are asking how the handling and or ride were, it was a typical 68 dodge. Nothing great about either. The car didn't have power steering and that made it a bear going slow, think parallel parking. If you are asking about the power, it was quite powerful. I had slicks for it as well as 456 gears, and impressed a person or two with it. I replaced the cam in it when I first got it and that was one of the great improvements for an otherwise stock hemi.

How about the torque curve? My experience with the mildly tuned GM bowtie big blocks was that they had a huge torque through mid-range, above which the cam and resonances woke up a real bear. But with ordinary street tires, you could smoke the tires in 4th gear at 30 mph by gently pressing the accelerator.

Once I found that out, I parked the car an ordered high-performance cars and didn't drive it until I went to have them mounted.

Those old chryslers were always low rpm torque monsters. The cam change raised the range a bit, but with 456 gears it was always in the torque. It is amazing, how they could run a 1/4 mile time under 15 with the tires of the day :glare: . 12's were not a problem with many of them on slicks. One of the things I admire about todays cars is the ease that they can do that now. No slobbering, bucking, noisy brutish acting, unless you want it. I don't, I guess I got old.

Archived