CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heritage of Ownership

Splurged for $5 bucks (plus S&H) and picked up a Heritage of Ownership medallion on ebay:

IPB Image

It is a grill medallion; you put it on the front grill of the Cadillac.

Yes, since I bought the CTS new the salesman should have sent me one gratis, but after we finish negotiating for several hours usually they are just happy to see me leave I guess. My friend's salesman got him one, but my friend traded his Escalade on a Escalade EXT AND another Escalade, for his Wife.

Only the Sales Dept of a dealership can order these new, and they come customized for an individual owner. I am not sure what the cost to the dealership is. Of course they show up on ebay a lot.

I think the new style is supposed to resemble the front of the CTS. The small digit 4 made this a nice find for me, since I owned 4 previous Cadillacs (92,96,89,04).

This one came in a nice jewelry case, with a certificate to the original owner. It is surprisingly heavy. I suppose it is made of stainless steel with a thin rubber backing.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I have one of these on my Deville, no number but a Crest. Mine was much more money.... OUCH, :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That little number section could become a collector item in the future. When I bought my '04 the dealership owner told me she had recently ordered a badge for a new car customer with a number in the teens!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Cadillac heraldry *can* be fun.

Perhaps some members might find this of interest:

http://home.iag.net/~middlebr/crest.html

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Thanks for that link warren.

I have a more traditional Heritage of Ownership medallion on my Seville, in the number "I", indicating the number of Cadillacs I have owned thus far. They used to be made of solid brass, but that's obviously changed for the newer ones.

There are some others floating around. One with just the crest (as BBF has on his), and one with the words "MASTER OWNER" on it. Yeah, that'd be a nice one to own.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

An elderly lady up the road from me (who actually drives normally and seems to have the ability to do so just fine :)) just recieve here medallion a few weeks ago, there was a backorder in our area, from what I understand a lot of the older folks are getting the call to buy again now for a DTS. Her's has a higer number than most on it, can't remember, if I see her car out I'll check. (really wish I knew she was going to sell her mint previous 03' I believe it was) Plenty of low mileage 97-99's and 2000-2005's around the Western New York area.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Mine has a #7 on it. Still haven't put it on the DeVille tho......

The cheap plastic fastener that holds it too the grill back side

looks like it will break if touched !!!

Not to mention what these harsh NY winters will do also!

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Mine came with a plastic bracket also. If you'll notice, the center section of the medallion is "removable". I think it's adhesive-backed, and it will come off. You can take this off and completely remove the plastic braket and center stud thingy (technical term there).

Replace that center stud with a machine screw with a tapered head of the appropriate size. It'll slip right in where the old plastic bracket attached. Take a smallish piece of bar stock for the back side and drill a hole in it, for the screw to pass through. Then, just place your medallion on the front of the grille, the bar stock on the back of the grille, run the screw through the bar stock and fasten with a lock nut. Re-affix your medallion center section to the medallion and nobody will know the difference, and it's as thief proof as it probably gets...better than the plastic bracket anyway. If your bar stock is real long, you can cut it and/or paint it flat black so you can't even see it.

I didn't even paint mine. You can barely see the bottom of the bar stock because of the flash in the photo. Normally, you can't tell the difference.

http://www.jnjhome.net/cadillac/medallion.htm

bruce, will you post a pic of it installed on your CTS? I'm thinking of buying one for my SRX, but I haven't seen it on a newer style caddy yet. Also how did you get yours with a 4? The one I'm looking at has a cadillac logo where your 4 is....

The caddy logo is cool, but I'd rather have a '3' on mine. ;)

Thanks Bruce!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I just bought one like Bruce's picture shows.

$1.95 B)

Mine has a 1 on it and it's my first Caddy, so I grabbed it!

Jeff

Jason................I was thinking on doing just that !

But with my luck some a-hole will steal it and mess up the grille!

Still is a cheesy attachment method on a otherwise nice emblem.

Sure miss the stand up Caddy crest on my 03s hood tho.

I had one swiped off my 90 so I think the one in the grille

on my 03 is safe from theft.......................geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Geo, the bolt method is more theft-proof than Cadillac's attachment. And if you REALLY wanted to lock it on there, you could use a security nut or even JB Weld.

Someone tried to steal my hood ornament one night back when I used to live in an apartment. You'll notice it's held on by a "spring" under the hood. Well, you can sort of "unscrew" the ornament, out of the spring coils, and get it most of the way off. I came out one day and it was laying limp on the hood (fortunately, no scratches). I screwed it back into the coil and JB Welded the bottom tip, so that ornament ain't turning again! You can still spin it around, but the whole coil spins with it, so it won't loosen up again.

I did have the CTS-V mesh grill on the 2004, but it went with the CTS. I need to order a new one for this car.

Bruce

Here is a photo of the new Heritage of Ownership badge on my CTS:

thanks Bruce! now if my better half likes it, and I can find one with a '3' I'll be set!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

• 6 months later...

I just snagged one of eBay for my '01. I found one with a Cadillac crest in the place where a number would usually appear. I prefer that over a number. $8.50, new in box. Can't wait to put it on!

Yes, that saves shopping another or a number for the next Cadillac. I love grill medallions in general.

Bruce

I'm looking at getting a heritage of ownership emblem too. This is my third cadillac and the one I'm looking at has a 3 on it, so it's perfect. Would it fit on my 02 seville grille?

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

It should. I saw the "3" one on eBay...I bet we were looking at the same one. :) Even if it doesn't fit good right out of the box, you should be able to make it fit well. The medallion I bought for my '97 Seville was actually for a DeVille, and had a really flimsy plastic bracket...that seems like would have let that medallion get snatched off by a thief easily.

I used a long machine screw, underneath the center numeric pad, and fixed that to a small piece of bar stock behind the grille. You literally have to open the hood and remove the radiator beauty cover and remove the nut to remove the medallion.

The newer styles aren't exactly like the coin-style medallion on my '97, but I'm not worried about making it fit.

It should. I saw the "3" one on eBay...I bet we were looking at the same one. :)

We'll see who gets it! B)

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

We'll see who gets it! B)

You will; I already bought one with a Cadillac crest on it instead of a number. It should be here today (I was hoping to receive it yesterday).

• 11 years later...

Archived