CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help to Install Head Gasket

zuzzzi

Hi Caddydrivers,

does anybody know, how to install the Haed Gasket. There is nothing like "This side Up" or so. Only one side with the FelPro Logo and a Number, and the other side with nothing

I have send Bruce new Pictures from my 92 Seville STS, with Borla Exhaust (from a 92er Camaro) and a lot of Multimedia Inside.........

Regrads

Marco

post-3198-1152261568_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1152261580_thumb.jpg

Exhaust manifolds typically have a metallic side that goes toward the engine. I think that as long as you line up all of the oil, bolt and coolant holes you will be good, there may only be one way to install them where all of the holes are lined up. Are the edges around the cylinder holes metallic?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Exhaust manifolds typically have a metallic side that goes toward the engine. I think that as long as you line up all of the oil, bolt and coolant holes you will be good, there may only be one way to install them where all of the holes are lined up. Are the edges around the cylinder holes metallic?

Thanks for the answerd, but the only diferent is, on one side is the Fel Pro logo, and look on the other side, see the bettween the holes, there are a metallic, but only on holes outside, see you?

The installation procedure for gaskets is determined by the gasket manufacturer. I looked on the FelPro web site and they have several different lines of head gaskets. If you don't see instructions packaged with the gaskets, I would look online, or call FelPro at (248) 354-7700.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

That looks like an old Datsun. The second photo looks to be correct as the flat surface should face the block. But you definitely should get instructions to make sure it's done right.

The installation procedure for gaskets is determined by the gasket manufacturer. I looked on the FelPro web site and they have several different lines of head gaskets. If you don't see instructions packaged with the gaskets, I would look online, or call FelPro at (248) 354-7700.

Thanks Jim, i have write them a e-Mail, and i hope they give me the answerd i need.

My Car is the Marco´s 92 on Peoples Car Site

A nice Day, and greetings from Austria /Europe

Marco

Thanks Jim, i have write them a e-Mail, and i hope they give me the answerd i need.

My Car is the Marco´s 92 on Peoples Car Site

A nice Day, and greetings from Austria /Europe

Marco

Marco -- stay with us until the job is done, and let us know how it works out for you. I hope you see fit to check in occasionally, now that you have found us.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Hey, yes i do, i think i need 1 Month to rebuild the engine, an i have a lot of Pictures

Marco

Put them up, one at a time, in posts here. You did a pretty good job of posting photos on your first post.

Archived