CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Codes that I can't figure out

jndnaps

OK, As I said a few times before, I'm as dumb as a box of rocks.. I still can't figure out how the heck to figure out these codes.. I was driving home and heard a pop, Then the service charging system message came on. The codes I got were a PC0560H, IP1910C, RS0061H And PZ1981H Now I've tried to look these codes up and still can't figure out how to do this.. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what the codes are and teach me how to look these up so I don't have to bother you all with this all the time.. Again, I guess I'm as dumb as a box of rocks because I still can't figure this code thing out.. I'm guessing the Alternator took a crap..

Codes Again: PC0560H, IP1910C, RS0061H And PZ1981H

Thanks, John :blink:

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

OK, As I said a few times before, I'm as dumb as a box of rocks.. I still can't figure out how the heck to figure out these codes.. I was driving home and heard a pop, Then the service charging system message came on. The codes I got were a PC0560H, IP1910C, RS0061H And PZ1981H Now I've tried to look these codes up and still can't figure out how to do this.. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what the codes are and teach me how to look these up so I don't have to bother you all with this all the time.. Again, I guess I'm as dumb as a box of rocks because I still can't figure this code thing out.. I'm guessing the Alternator took a crap..

Codes Again: PC0560H, IP1910C, RS0061H And PZ1981H

Click here for access to a database for codes from all Cadillacs that supply them.

I don't see the two=letter prefixes but will look for them. Often you can decipher a code quicly by simply Googling them.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The link listed is for OBDI. You car is OBDII. Use this link. http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

If you do not know whether it is a PCM, body or chassis code just keep looking. No numbers are duplicated.

PC0560H = PCM 560 - Historical

IP1910C = Instrument Panel (Body code) - Current

RS0061H = Road Sensing Suspention (Chassis code) - Historical

PZ1981H = Body Control Module (Body code) - Historical

Get the idea?

Prefixes are listed on the link I added.

Codes: PC0560H, IP1910C, RS0061H And PZ1981H

Here's something I turned up on the site that I linked to on my last post here:

Using the Cadillac on-board diagnostic display you'll also see "IP" for the IPC instrument panel, "AC" for the air conditioning module, "TC" for traction control, "RS" for the road suspension system, "SD" for the air bags, "PZ" for the body control module, "CC" for the cell phone and "RF" for the integrated radio.

I would guess that PC is for powertrain codes. I would think that the suffix "C" means current, and the suffix "H" means history, or happened recently. Thus my best guess is:

PC0560H: P0056 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2

IP1910C: B1910 - Generator L-Terminal Open Circuit

RS0061H: Suspension system, probably an ABS fault

PZ1981H: B1981 - Battery Voltage Low

So, your alternator is blown and low battery voltage, probably when you hit the starter, causes the other faults.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks for the info.. One of these days I'll figure out how this code stuff works.. I'm kinda getting it now.. Well time for a new alt.. :blink:

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

Check your battery connections also

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived