CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 sts, Service Security System

steve6

I just bought a 99 sts with 200000+ km's on it, every once in a while I get 'Service Security System' on the info panel, and the security light comes on. I have not had an issue with it, its just annoying,

does anyone know what might be causing this to come up? It happened last night, usually after another start it goes away...

Thanks

:D

I just bought a 99 sts with 200000+ km's on it, every once in a while I get 'Service Security System' on the info panel, and the security light comes on. I have not had an issue with it, its just annoying,

does anyone know what might be causing this to come up? It happened last night, usually after another start it goes away...

Thanks

:D

Had it once about a year or two ago. Took it into dealer under warrenty. They found nothing. Cleared DIC. Never been back. Maybe just a nucince(sp) code. Someone on the board here just suggested to me to pause before you crank the engine. Give the system a few secs to regroup before starting. Have not seen it since.

R

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Thanks, I accidently cleared the codes when trying to read them( i had not read the codes that way before, i have a odb2 scanner to get engine codes), and it didnt come back right away, so ill wait to see if it comes back,

I do usually get in and crank the engine quickly after unlocking, so maybe ill try that

steve

You can avoid nuisance codes if you pause for a heart beat with the key ON before starting.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

B3055 is the code that is giving you the security message.

Check your key for damage. Try another key.

It is possible the VTD (theft deterrent) module is failing but you have to eliminate the possiblity of a faulty or damaged key transponder.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I think its the key, I just went out and tried to start my car, wouldnt go.

so i got the second key out and it started right away, darn thing. how much are those keys to get made up from the dealer?

thanks

Keys with the resistor in them can be $50 each at the dealer as I recall, perhaps more depending on dealer markup.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived