CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sedan Deville Digital Dash

BGDeene

I have a 92 sedan Deville, and lost the entire digital dash(speedo, climate, fuel guage)

I have been told it is a fairly common problem and should be able I think to repair myself( I hope!!) does any one have any advice, I hope it is just a power supply, but where is it?

ANY help will be greatly appreciated

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Brian

Get ahold of a service manual..

I had the same problem with my CCDIC in my 1990 Seville and the service manual showed me how to track down the problem.

Short of that - move the wires around under the dash - especially near connectors and you might find a loose wire. The problem with mine was just a loose connector and all I had to do was tighten up the little bolt on it.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

I have a 92 sedan Deville, and lost the entire digital dash(speedo, climate, fuel guage)

I have been told it is a fairly common problem and should be able I think to repair myself( I hope!!) does any one have any advice, I hope it is just a power supply, but where is it?

ANY help will be greatly appreciated

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Brian

thanks for the info, I had planned on going to pick up a Chiltons book today, because I do for all my cars and had put this one off untill now.

I have a uncle that does strictly corvette restorations here in Jersey and has similiar issues w/ late 80's vettes, he told me to look for the power supply behind the dash, but before I start dissasembling I would like to know what I am looking for.

I will post my findings for others to know.

Thanks, Brian

Chilton books make me mad..

I looked for a service manual for the 92 sdv and the only one I found was going for $50.. It's the best $50 you will ever spend, would be a deal at twice the price.

I lucked out and found mine for $12 :)

At least the one for your automobile is black - mine is a stupid red color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-1993-C...emZ330002607048

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-1993-C...itemZ8073017786

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Good choice..

You'll not ever regret it.

When you think that you're saving the $20 on that frustrating incomplete nonsense book (Chilton) it is just like getting the Service Manual for $30

:)

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Archived