CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

D3 Cadillac STS

Dear Cadillac Owners:

Finally, high quality components for the Cadillac brand that will rival the likes of other luxury vehicle manufactures. Performance & Luxury has never blended together so well.

We at D3 have an unparalleled focus on providing the highest quality, most brilliant performance, and exquisite luxury showcased while using the Cadillac brand of vehicles offered to the public. We will provide those that have a yen for performance, various packages which will enhance the driving experience to the level they desire. These packages will retain the quality that has been instilled in every Cadillac produced while enhancing the original overall design. D3 Limited Edition Cadillacs are to be considered “world class” and rival the likes of AMG, Brabus, Lorinser, RennTech, etc. We will provide the outlet for customers to dispense their passion for driving while keeping them in a Cadillac Brand Vehicle.

Our products come with a minimum 3-year warranty and can be installed by your local service department if need be. For more information regarding pricing & product availability please feel free to contact us at the number listed above or visit our website www.d3cadillac.com.

Sincerely,

D3 Research & Design

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

D3 Research & Design

2829 Gundry ave.

Signal Hill, CA. 90755

(562) 988-2090 Phone

info@d3cadillac.com

Also mentioned here:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9987

Hope the Grand Opening goes well.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 1 month later...

This is our new D3 SS-1 Signature Series Wheels

Model year 2005 - Current

- Custom offsets and finishes available

- Engineered specifically for your Cadillac

IPB Image

D3 Research & Design

2829 Gundry ave.

Signal Hill, CA. 90755

(562) 988-2090 Phone

info@d3cadillac.com

Do you have before/after dyno charts for the new air intake?

how did I know that intake would be called into question :) I am somewhat surprised/skeptical that on the V-Series cadillac wouldn't make that super effiecient from the start, especially since they are trying to get as much bang as they can from a 4.4L supercharged engine. Supercharges usually are able to suck all the air threw that they need since they simply just pump the compression up. Aids in getting more cold air maybe. Intresting.

You guys are pretty tasteful in your fabrications, nothing to out of this world like the Hot Wheels looking civics, nicely done.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Excellent; thanks for posting, and nice results. Do you have a similar STS V8 dyno result?

Any plans to offer some type of protective heat shielding for the intake?

I am a bit surprised, as one of the engineers on the project was certain no additional gain would be possible by an aftermarket CAI due to the free-flowing characteristics of the stock design.

This is the first chassis dyno chart I have seen for the STS-V, and the rest of my comments actually relate to the stock dyno result vs expected:

Cadillac's STS-V engine dyno looks like this:

[NOTE: this chart is an engine dyno, while the above chart is a chassis dyno. The difference is that this chart was measured at the output of the engine, and that chart was measured at the wheels, through the drivetrain. The drivetrain takes some hp to turn, so this chart is higher than the above chart, and expected to be so.]

[attachmentid=2713]

The peak torque seems to match well enough, but the peak HP looks to tail off too soon in the chassis dyno on the production example.

The power reaching the wheels through the new 6speed auto is a little disappointing at 77% (360.99 whp / 469 hp ) that would represent a 23% transmission loss. Most automatics manage 20% or less transmission loss. In other words, a good stock result would have been 375whp or better instead of 361whp.

This may be a side effect of the dyno process however, or low mileage on the engine, octane available, or other factors. I assume this was a California emissions car, which may also have some effect I suppose.

post-3-1155317967_thumb.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

We are still developing new components for the STS application, until that is completed we will not have additional dyno charts for the V8 STS. As far as the heat shield is concerned we do not see a necessity at this time for that addition. Our testing has yielded great results without the use of a heat shield.

D3 Research and Design

2829 Gundry Ave.

Signal Hill, CA 90755

• 2 weeks later...

Archived