CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SLS DOA

spf100

I've put 120K miles of the 152K on this SLS. A few months ago it started running a bit rough. A few weeks ago it would only start if it had been sitting for awhile (probably temp related). Now it will not start at all - turns over fine - no spark.

I replaced the plugs, wires and fuel filter all in the past 2K miles. I am getting a P035 error which makes me think ignition coil, but I just did a search on the Cadillac Discussion Forum and it appears coils are not a common issue so now I am wondering if it is something else. I was planning to go purchase a couple coils (it requires 4) locally at the dealship to get the original Delco parts then will mailorder the other 2 Delco if the car starts ($68 .vs $39 for same parts).

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ignition module.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I've put 120K miles of the 152K on this SLS. A few months ago it started running a bit rough. A few weeks ago it would only start if it had been sitting for awhile (probably temp related). Now it will not start at all - turns over fine - no spark.

I replaced the plugs, wires and fuel filter all in the past 2K miles. I am getting a P035 error which makes me think ignition coil, but I just did a search on the Cadillac Discussion Forum and it appears coils are not a common issue so now I am wondering if it is something else. I was planning to go purchase a couple coils (it requires 4) locally at the dealship to get the original Delco parts then will mailorder the other 2 Delco if the car starts ($68 .vs $39 for same parts).

Welcome to caddyinfo.com! Before buying anything from a dealer check out prices for OEM parts at rockauto.com (great service) and gmpartsdirect.com (best prices, slow service). Print out theit quotes and take them to the dealer. They can give you a 25% discount and you'll get an OEM part next morning for less. :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Welcome to caddyinfo.com! Before buying anything from a dealer check out prices for OEM parts at rockauto.com (great service) and gmpartsdirect.com (best prices, slow service). Print out theit quotes and take them to the dealer. They can give you a 25% discount and you'll get an OEM part next morning for less. :)

gmpartsdirect.com's prices aren't that good lately.... I quoted them against Brasington's (gmotors.com) for the parts to repair the head gaskets on my STS and Brasington's beat gmpartsdirect.com on price and I had the parts in three days compared to a week and a half plus with gmpartsdirect.com....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Not intending to swerve too far off the DOA engine topic here, but! I also endorse using Brasington Cadillac - Saab in Gainesville, FL. The parts dep't. guys are most helpful and take the time to double check the details. You have to enjoy actually speaking to an experienced person that cares about sending you the correct parts. 352-378-5301 / 800-535-4608.

I recently ordered struts and a strut tower brace from Brasington (on the phone). The parts guy tells me he has the struts available locally but the brace will have to be ordered from Flint, MI. I asked if the brace could be shipped direct to me and he said he would rather not do that because he wanted to have all the parts in hand to double check the total order before it was shipped to me. And I still had all the pieces 3 days later!

Hard to get that kind of service at my local dealer's parts counter.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Not intending to swerve too far off the DOA engine topic here, but! I also endorse using Brasington Cadillac - Saab in Gainesville, FL. The parts dep't. guys are most helpful and take the time to double check the details. You have to enjoy actually speaking to an experienced person that cares about sending you the correct parts. 352-378-5301 / 800-535-4608.

I recently ordered struts and a strut tower brace from Brasington (on the phone). The parts guy tells me he has the struts available locally but the brace will have to be ordered from Flint, MI. I asked if the brace could be shipped direct to me and he said he would rather not do that because he wanted to have all the parts in hand to double check the total order before it was shipped to me. And I still had all the pieces 3 days later!

Hard to get that kind of service at my local dealer's parts counter.

Indeed, a service one can only dream about. I'll try them next time I am in the market for OEM parts. Thanks gents.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived