CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

front end clunck?

macdoanld

If you hear it over bumps its typically the stabilizer bar bushings or the stabilizer end links. If you inspect the end links and they are ok, I would replace the bar links, they are less than $20

The bushing is circled along with the bracket. See #3 for the link and #2 is the bar. The stabilizer bar job is to keep the car level on cornering, the tighter the bushings the flatter the car will stay. Some have replaced the stock rubber bushings with poly, see http://www.energysuspension.com

Mike

post-3-1132266086_thumb.jpg

thanx so much i will look 2 moro when i can see because its cold and dark now thanx for your help is this somthing that might go on this car at only 47000 km? or maby was it drivven heard or somthing this car did sit alot could this cause it?

Remember, while you only have 47km, your car is 11 model years old, rubber hardens, drys out, cracks, grease drys out, etc. The elements cold, heat, light and UV deteriorate rubber. Seals shrink and dry out and crack. So in 11 years your car only has 29,187 miles, personally I don't think that is enough mileage for a car to maintain its vitality, but that's me. If you have not done so, I would change all of the fluids ASAP, coolant, tranny, oil, brake fluid.

By the way, you might be able to see a defective link, BUT its unlikely that you will be able to see if the bar bushings are bad. If you have tools, disconnect the links, when you disconnect the links inspect the joints for play. Any play in the joints indicates that they are bad, no play they are ok. Drive the car with the links disconnected (but protected if attached at one end), if the banging stops on bumps your problem is the bar bushings.

Archived