CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Yea! New Dash Pad for my 97 STS!

tmpafford

Gave up trying to find the part online and ended up buying the part through an auto-body shop buddy down the street. Could not find the part number anywhere. My buddy got it through a dealer, who got it from stock somewhere.

After the part came in (the next day) I looked the same part number up through www.GMPartsDirect.com. They had it about $60 dollars cheaper, but that does not include freight. RockAuto.com did not have the part.

If you are interested, the part number for a black dash pad for your 97 STS is 25700715. Full list is $597.04, I paid $405.99 and GMPartsDirect had it for about $340 + Freight.

Took me about 15 minutes to swap it out.

Mac

Mac,

Nice to see the ol avatar back. Does make me chuckle. What was wrong with your old dash pad? Was it cracked from the Houston heat and sun? Nice job on the savings. You didn't by chance take any pics of the removal and installation did you? Would be nice to see since I've never removed one before.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

No cracks, just shrunk due to the heat and sun. The pad had shrunk so bad that the long defroster vent piece up near the glass would no longer stay in place. Made the car just look old and worn out.

I did not take any pictures since the repair went so quick. The only tricky part was getting the AC vents out and then removing the screws without letting them drop down the vent holes. tongue.gif

There are four screws at the front of the pad (one behind each AC vent), and three in the defroster hole across the back (one on each corner and one in the center). There are two tiny tabs that click into place on each AC vent. I used a tiny flat head screw driver and gently pried the tabs back out one side at a time while pulling out on the vent. The light sensor and temperature sensor (I think) in the plastic defroster vent piece just turn and pop out. The two A-arm piller covers just pull off towards the center of the car.

PS is shrunk a word? Shrinked? Shrank? Just sounds funny.

Archived