CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Shocking Question

growe3

OK, a cheap to get some one to look here.

Has anyone actually bought Arnott Inc. struts for their RSS equipped STS or El Dorado?

Link below is for 93’ STS

http://www.arnottindustries.com/products/p...?modelYearId=31

If so what do you think of them?

I’m ready to buy but would like a little feed back on others experience, if possible.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I was kind of wondering the same thing George, as I am just about ready to order the complete set. It will probably be a little while though, before I get around to installing them. I will post my opinion of them, compared to the original system after a few miles.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Thanks for the reply Bob.

My system still works electronically, but at 155k the struts are just not dampening like I think they should. Must be someone out there who has bought from Arnott.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

And of course they don't offer the electronic struts for my car....

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika, you forgot the "LOL"...you were kidding, right? Arnott Inc. specifically makes PASSIVE replacements for Cadillacs, and other brands. ;) I believe the company was originally formed around the concept of making passive replacements for Lincolns, and has since branched out.

We'll see how they perform. After posting last night, I went ahead and ordered the complete set (front and rear) for my '93 STS. I haven't recieved one computer message, but the handling has degraded to were it warrants four corner replacement. It only has 85k miles on it, but is 11 years old now.

I'll be posting the results in hopefully, the next few weeks.

user posted image

Marika, you forgot the "LOL"...you were kidding, right? Arnott Inc. specifically makes PASSIVE replacements for Cadillacs, and other brands. ;) I believe the company was originally formed around the concept of making passive replacements for Lincolns, and has since branched out.

We'll see how they perform. After posting last night, I went ahead and ordered the complete set (front and rear) for my '93 STS. I haven't recieved one computer message, but the handling has degraded to were it warrants four corner replacement. It only has 85k miles on it, but is 11 years old now.

I'll be posting the results in hopefully, the next few weeks.

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!! :P:lol::blink:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

They are also developing passive shocks for the 97 STS/SLS that they say will be avaliable for sale in the next couple of weeks. From the decription and the looks it appears that they have the resistor built into the shock/strut to fool the computer to thinking the electronics for the shock is still there.

Going this way has it's advantages as you don't have to build your own harness to add the resistor. I would think they have also done all the engineering to figure out how to bypass the active system so it would end up being a plug and play deal.

When talking to them you need to find out if they also offer the isloator & bearings for the top of the struts in front, and, I believe thay have somthing like that on the rear as well.

I actually contacted them about a system for my 97 STS which they don't offer on the web site.... yet, and that is how I found about the development for the MY 97 STS/SLS which is different... go figure.

I've also been in contact with a number of different manufactures to see if the offer struts/shocks that will fit MY 97 STS to see if I could duplicate what obviously they are doing.

I will be very interested to find out the results here.

BoB D, didn't you lower your car? If so who's spring package did you use?

Dennis

BoB D, didn't you lower your car? If so who's spring package did you use?

Yep, sure did. I used the Eibach "Pro" kit..

How much of drop? What did you do about the rear air shock adjustments so it didn't try to counter what you did?

Dennis

[boB D, didn't you lower your car? If so who's spring package did you use?

Yep, sure did. I used the Eibach "Pro" kit..

How much of drop? What did you do about the rear air shock adjustments so it didn't try to counter what you did?

All in all, about 2" in the front, and 1-1/2" in the rear. Following a pictorial diagram that comes with the springs, you relocate the rear sensors with a simple drill and tap. Per Eibach's numbers, it ended up with the slight "rake' you can sort of see in the picture here. I like it that way and have no complaints, but...when I have the wheels off the back, and things apart to do the rear shocks I may very well drill and tap two more spots another 1/2" (hole center to hole center from the original location). This will drop the back another 1/2" or so, and level the body off. if I don't like it, it's a simple matter of un-bolting the sensors and putting them back to where they are now. We'll see.

user posted image

I placed an order for the complete strut kit from Arnott, for my 93' STS. I will post info after I install and test them out.

-George

DTS_Signature.jpg

I placed an order for the complete strut kit from Arnott, for my 93' STS. I will post info after I install and test them out.

-George

Same here George. The arrival date is 3/3 on the UPS tracker. I'll see if I can't get the entire set on the same week.

OK, bud...the race is on... ;)

user posted image

Alright!!! I've pretty much decided on them for my front struts for my '97...whenever they come out in a few months. I'm looking forward to hearing y'all's comments on their products!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived