CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What with my Cadi????

:angry: MY 96 Deville has been giving me some trouble lately, at random times it won't start and today was the first time it turn on while driving around 25- 30 mph, but when it won't start I'll wait for a little bit then it will crank over, no idea whats going on, please help, any input would be great and thanks in advanced for all help.

"PC1520...Park Neutral or PRNDL input problem...possibly the neutral safety switch is misadjusted or has internal corrosion. That is the switch on the top of the trans at the manual input shaft shaft where the shift cable moves the trans gear selector." -bbobynski.

I belive this can cause intermittent starting issues

P1599 - Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected

P1632 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Disable Signal Received

"today was the first time it turn on while driving around 25- 30 mph"...

did the engine stall while driving...then you turned it on while going around 25-30 mph?

A.J.

sorry that was a mis-type it turned off around 25-35 mph, the P1632 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Disable Signal Received, could that have anything to do with???

It's also happens rarely when I'm in and out of somewhere I turn it off come back out it won't start???

when it happens again (no start) try to start in Neutral. If it helps your neutral safety switch needs adjustment or replacement. The both are easy DIY works.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived