CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gas in the oil..... Oh my.

mikroman

YOU ROCK! I did as suggested after staring at the engine for 2 hours I figured out how to get the rail off the engine. Once I did that my wife cranked the car over and one of the injectors was stuck open. So now what? Just replace the injector???? is it electornic? The local parts place doesn't have it and cannot order it I guess it's a dealer only part. :( that means they are expensive.

THanks a bunch man I was headed down a road that was bad. Now I have to go back to the dealer that told me I needed a head gasket and give him a piece of my mind.

Mikroman.

Now don't that beat all! A dealership that doesn't have a clue. I hope this solves all your problems, keep in mind that they may have been making their diagnosis based on some other info and figured they get the big money first and add an injector while it was apart. I suppose you could go to a junkyard and get several injectors from an old motor. I did that with my Merkur, got all 4 for $10.00, they tended to crack at the housing and would leak outside the cylinder. Over the years I used two of them and they were both fine.

Oh, BTW, all you needed to do was turn the key on...trying to start (fire it up) could have lead to a fire! Glad you survived.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I would agree that it could be an issue if I had walked up and asked them. Except I had the car towed into them. They charged me $112 to tow and look at it. In the end I paid $112 for something that should have cost $112 to fix.

YOU ROCK! I did as suggested after staring at the engine for 2 hours I figured out how to get the rail off the engine. Once I did that my wife cranked the car over and one of the injectors was stuck open. So now what? Just replace the injector???? is it electornic? The local parts place doesn't have it and cannot order it I guess it's a dealer only part. :( that means they are expensive.

THanks a bunch man I was headed down a road that was bad. Now I have to go back to the dealer that told me I needed a head gasket and give him a piece of my mind.

Mikroman.

How did you end up getting it off?? I'm in the same boat but I think i'm nearing 3 hours. :huh:

How did you end up getting it off?? I'm in the same boat but I think i'm nearing 3 hours. :huh:

Once you remove the clamp at the EGR valve, the fuel rail should lift up. The injectors and rail are retained to the manifold by o-rings.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived