CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville Body Style

ted tcb

Here's a question I've often wondered... Is there any external body change in the STS from 1992-1997?

If not, then why don't people with 92 and 93's just update to 96 and 97 rim style, and they have the appearance of a much newer car,

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I think there is no difference between those years.

I put 1998 STS chrome wheels on mine and took off the front bumper gaurds.

Some people think my 96 is new car..................lol

The most noticable difference between the years seems to be the interior. As the years progressed, new feautres were added, and new accessories and gadgets were developed. By the time 1997 rolled around, the intereior was pretty much the same as the 1998, as far as dash layout, radio,...ect.

I think between 1995 and 1996 there might have been a few exterior changes as well, maybe even more between the earlier years (not entirely sure).

I haven't noticed any difference but I sure do like the tail lights on the 98 on ups better. What the hell was Cadillac thinking. It would have been nicer to stick with the Eldo style lights.

Here's a question I've often wondered... Is there any external body change in the STS from 1992-1997?  If not, then why don't people with 92 and 93's just update to 96 and 97 rim style, and they have the appearance of a much newer car,

No, there are no external body changes. One big tip-off, if you see one driving down the road, is DRLs. I think they started in either 1996 or 1997. I know '97 has them...not sure about '96. Regarding the rims, maybe people like their rims. In addition, most people out there don't have a clue about the rim differences...or even the body style change. I get asked at least once a month if my car is new. People don't believe it's 7 years old and has almost 150,000 miles on it. Only Caddy freaks like us can look at a Seville and guess the year based on the wheels. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Here's a question I've often wondered... Is there any external body change in the STS from 1992-1997?

If not, then why don't people with 92 and 93's just update to 96 and 97 rim style, and they have the appearance of a much newer car,

My 93' STS has 97' Eldorado wheels. I did not like the original wheels, they made the car look like a Honda.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Nice rims on the 93 ... when I see the cookie cutters on an STS, I think 1995, when I see 7 spoke, I think 96-97, when I see full plate style discs, I think 92-94, and it looks very dated.

Such an easy thing, for 500bucks, make your car look newer .... but, styling is subjective.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Yeah! I agree! The newer style wheels will make the car appear newer! I have the stock 93 wheels and I personally dont think they do anything for the appearance of the car! I was gonna buy the newer style STS wheels before summer hits, but I think I am gonna sell instead and buy a 1996-1997 STS or Eldorado! I really like the interior of the 96-97 Seville's! The dash and guages give it a more modern look!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

well i have a '93 STS & i have the DRLs along w/ the '03 chrome rims. the guy who i actually bought it from had the chrome cookie cutter along w/ the '03 rims & they look a lot better. every1 always ask me what year is my car & r surprised when i tell them it's a '93! :D

Pimpin' In My Black 'Lac

well i have a '93 STS & i have the DRLs along w/ the '03 chrome rims. the guy who i actually bought it from had the chrome cookie cutter along w/ the '03 rims & they look a lot better. every1 always ask me what year is my car & r surprised when i tell them it's a '93! :D

The previous owner must have installed a DRL kit as DRLs were not standard until the 1996 model year for US cars.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

This is my old '93 Seville.

'95 Eldo chrome wheels.

'94-97 Chrome grill.

'32vnorthstar' and 'SLS' tag.

Even had the '94 drivers airbag.

post-3-1114268690_thumb.jpg

I agree with all of you guys. You can "buy yourself a new caddy" by putting newer wheels on it. It must be because of the beautiful, timeless styling! lol

I have had many people stagger back, eyes wide open, when I tell them my car is not new, but "a ten year old bomb!" lol

Although the 96/97 interiors are more "modern", I personally have grown to like the earlier 92/95 ones, because of their simple, elegant, uncluttered design. I love the "extra" wood you get too. That zebrano waterfall on the console is gorgious, and the gauge area is pure genius how they have all the controls you need in those clusters. I also think the door handle trim is more attractive too, in the earlier models. The dark grey, carbon fibre -like texture looks better than the interior coloured pieces they used in 96/97, in my eyes.

Here's my updated 95, complete with 2004 CTS wheels (and lucky for me...2005 STS wheels too! lol)...

post-3-1114271186_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Yeah, it sure is amazing how new the car looks with the new rims. I can't believe it. I almost sold it a few months ago. Now the new rims make me feel like my interior is outdated and I need some upgrades in there.

Same ones? Hey, where's a side view of your ride Bob D? I still don't have any pics with the new ones yet but I will have them soon. THey sure do improve the looks....

Yeah, well...I just thought I'd post the most recognizable view...

...The one that 95% of the crowd sees... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

nice 'lac & rims STS Scott. i've been looking 2 upgrade the rims on my STS but i really haven't made up my mind. i was thinking w/ going w/ either black 18s or chrome deep dish 18s. w/ my caddy being black on black right now (possible new color scheme n the works), i don't think i can go wrong either way! B)

Pimpin' In My Black 'Lac

In Canada, it was manditory in 1990 for all vehicles to be equipped with DRL. All 92-95 Seville's and Eldorado's have the low beam headlamp as the DRL up here, then in 96-97 they have the high beam at a lowered intensity. That's how I tell up here :P .

Spence

There have been many changes to the front and rear bumper covers during the years you mention. Also, body side cladding has changed over the years. There have been so many changes to the above mentioned over the years, combined with owners swapping out wheels that has made clear identifcation of the exact year very hard to determine based on a quick glance. The basic sheetmetal of the years you mention has gone unchanged during that time period, however. The quickest way to separate the 96/97 from prior years is to look for the "idiot buttons" or lack of, and the shifter. The 96/97's do not have the "idiot buttons" on the face of the dash.

Hey Rob, that is one STELLAR lookin' 93!

Not only do the wheels complement the car well, the bodyshop really did a fantastic job painting it, it looks smooth as glass, as in no orange peel effect.

She looks better than new!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Archived