CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bar's Leaks powder and GM pellets

adallak

Guru recommends to add 6 of the GM coolant supplement pellets to the coolant mix. I and perhaps many others use Bar's Leaks golden seal powder instead of pellets. It is the same stuff and is made by the same company. I was just wondering what is the weight of pellets? The powder in the tubes (see the picture attached) has net weight 0.75 avg oz (21.5 g).

post-3-1109006032_thumb.jpg

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Thanks Scotty!

It means 6 pellets recommended by Guru are equal to 3 tubes of the powder - exactly what I have done last time while refreshing the coolant. :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

What about the liquid bar's leak? It comes from the same company. Can that be put directly into radiator tank?

I don't know about that product but never put anything in the tank, put it directly in the upper or lower hose...

What about the liquid bar's leak? It comes from the same company. Can that be put directly into radiator tank?

No, don't use that stuff. I believe I recall Guru saying that it will cause foaming if your talking about what I think you are talking about. Stick with the tabs or the powder.

I'm starting to feel like the Lone Wolf here. Is there anyone else that doesn't use the supplements? I have nothing against them and they sound like a good idea. I just have never used them in any car I've ever owned. :unsure:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived