CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trade STS for 300c?

Guarcz03

Today when i was Pulling out of my Driveway my neighbor asked me if i wanted to Trade My 98 STS with 52,000 miles for his 2005 Chysler 300c with 25,000 miles, Both Cars are Completely paid off so there wont be any Payment Tranfers it will be a Striaght up deal. Even Though the 300c is a little faster/newer then my STS i dont know if i wanna own a CHYSLER!

Please can everybody post ther opinion?

Thank you

If it were me I would do it because I bet you could get more money for the 300C if its a straight trade? It's not though is it? If it was go for it then you can sell the chrysler and buy another cadillac and still have made some money! I dought it would be a straight up trade though unless the guys nuts! :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

its my car for his car no money at all! the only thing is how many time will you come across a 98 with 52000 miles in Shale which was only made that year! they have 300c or sale at a dealer for 21,500.00 with 10,000miles on it and know body is buying it (its been there for 3 weeks know) this one has 25000 miles on it so how much am i gonna get for it as a private seller? My Car was NEVER Smoked In or has any type of Food in it! when i bought my car the dealer wanted 22,000 for it

He told me it would Suit me better being im 18 and hes 57 :(

post-3-1108600884_thumb.jpg

i gonna take a drive in it tonight and if i like it ill Trade it, the only thing is that i have running through my head is that my car is not pleged by any of the model year problems except for the brake light (which was my fault i pressure washed the car and the water jet was directly over the light). and also theirs a chance that im not gonna be able to get rid of the 300c

Shale was not made only in 1998. My '97 is Shale Metallic.

\

Ask yourself what would possess your neighbor to trade for such an older car? What's wrong with his Chrysler? Who knows? I'd stay away from it. If you are only concerned with making a buck, it's probably a good venture, financially. But you can't put a value on a car you love. My '97 with 141k isn't worth but 7-8 thousand probably, but I wouldn't trade her for a new Chrysler any day of the week. Actually, I would -- if the guy I traded my SLS to promised not to touch it, and sold it back to me for market value. Then I'd ditch the Chrysler, buy my SLS back, and pocket the few thousand in change. But when am I ever gonna come across THAT situation? :)

But I've got to agree. Shale was the best color Cadillac came up with. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I am not Looking to make a Fast Buck, i could care less about money. i bought my car in December for 18,000(i would have paid the 22,000 for it if the dealer didnt come down a little) Because i do not look at years i looked at the mileage, condition and plus the car was owned my 76 Year old man,

one thing that i have in my head is why are so many people trying to get rid of the "car of the Year" if they were so good(dealer has one listed for 21,500 with 10k miles on it his has 25k so what am i gonna sell it for 19K?) also i cant go a block without seeing one.

if he was trading something with a better name then i would consider it more but its JUST a Chysler

im still gonna take a test drive, but in my eyes my car is priceless to me

If your not interested in the money and you wouldn't want to sell the crysler keep the caddy its a way nicer car!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

That to me is a real strange offer, is they guy serious - has he driven your car at all? If you do the swap, make sure all the paperwork is done, get it in writing. All you need is for him to decide he likes "his" 300 better and take it back.

That could get ugly.

>one thing that i have in my head is why are so many people trying to get rid of the "car of the Year" if they were so good<

Like I said in a post a week or so back, these 300C's (and Magnums) are like ants in Las Vegas and the Hawaiin Islands! I mean they were everywhere. (rentals) It was almost funny. Almost..

Do you really want something that for all intents and purposes is...common?

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

one thing that i have in my head is why are so many people trying to get rid of the "car of the Year" if they were so good(dealer has one listed for 21,500 with 10k miles on it his has 25k so what am i gonna sell it for 19K?) also i cant go a block without seeing one.

See now, that's what I'm thinking. Read my earlier question on what's wrong with that 300c that he's trying to get rid of it?

I should have told you to wait until Bob D sees this thread. He's got to be the biggest 300c fan I know! ;)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Well i Just Got Back From Driving the 300c and i am not impressed at all! Car Has lots power but i can have the same power by adding corsa exhaust and and a cold ar intake, the car feels like driving on train tracks at 70MPH no way in the world am i considering trading my STS for that POS, i Rather have no car then that car

There must be something wrong with it. The two 300Cs I've driven have been quicker and better handling than a late 90's STS. They did seem to have a little bit more road noise than I would expect at 70+ MPH, but neither felt like driving on "rail road tracks". I wonder if the tires are flat-spotted?

There must be something wrong with it. The two 300Cs I've driven have been quicker and better handling than a late 90's STS. They did seem to have a little bit more road noise than I would expect at 70+ MPH, but neither felt like driving on "rail road tracks". I wonder if the tires are flat-spotted?

There Has to be something wrong with some of the 300's because their are alot of these being traded at the dealerships and there is alot of them being sold in the classifieds, the cadillac dealership that i deal with recieved 4 of them in 2 weeks (2 Traded for a 2005 STS, 1 for a CTS-V and the other XLR). I rather Drive a Car that is made by a company that is known for its luxury cars then a company that makes a car that looks like a retarded version a of bentley and instantly compete with cadillac, i mean come on i rather spend 60K on a Cadillac than 30K on a Chysler. look at Cadillacs line of cars and then look at Chysler besides the 300c and crossfire what else have they made?

The 300C is a much better car, it has firmer suspensions, wider tyres, and it will 2005. However, it is not as luxurious as the STS and does not have a responsive engine the the northstar.

If I were you I will go for it

I have a 1998 STS done almost 100K miles, and recently I traded in my wife's Mazda MPV with a Dodge Durango Limited 2004 with hemi engine. I took the opportunity to test drive the 300C. The engine is powerfull but not responsive, what I mean is that when you accelerate the first thing you notice in a north star engine is that it rev. immediatly to over 6000 rpm, with the hemi you can't do that.

The other thing is materials quality inside the car, the 300C interior is very similar to my Dodge Durango ltd. Dodge is like a chevy in GM not a luxury vehicle.

The cadillac is smoother in ride, quieter, and more technologically advanced.

The only good thing about 300C is that it is 2005 and you may get 3 yrs of waranty with it and it is rear wheel drive. I had a lincoln LS 8 2002, which I sold to buy the Cadillac sts and the Durango. and I can say it is far better in performance that the STS but it is small and noiser than the STS.

In the next couple of year I am planning to to either a 2005 STS rear wheel drive, 2004 DTS or a Jag-XJR. I will see how is my budget at that time.

I think Guarcz03 stated a point earlier that's being over looked somewhat. He said that it wasn't a money issue. He loves his STS and seems to appreciate it even more after driving the 300. So lets not talk value here. I think Jason hit it right on when he said," Ask yourself what would possess your neighbor to trade for such an older car? ". Where I come from that would send up red flags a mile high.

Personally I look at it (and Guarcz03 may too) like someone was asking me to trade wives or g/f. Sure his may be younger and prettier (depends on your taste) but you have so much time and effort invested in your wife or g/f. You know everything about her. What makes her tick. And your neighbor wants to trade for your older model. Yeah definitely red flags going up. I think you made a wise decision.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived