CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

WARPED DASH

Has any one successfully repaired a warped dash on an Eldorado, Deville or Seville? I did a search online and I was unable to find anyone providing such a service. Has anyone taken one to an upholstery shop? If so how did it come out?

I would like to do the repair myself but I wouldn't know what kind of adhesive to use, duck tape I think would look "tacky" (pun intentional).... I'm thinking Gorilla glue but they have a tendency to expand, which might come out lumpy.

Are the edges glued or stapled on at the factory? I haven't taken it out yet...

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Some discussion here: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10558

My impression is the following video, although not a Cadillac, covers some depth on repairing a dash.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks Bruce,

The video is for a cracked dash mine is lifting at the windshield along the vents. Can't believe he did that on the carpet! Wouldn't work at my house... I'd be out in the snow at minus 20C - the thread stated crazy glue, which seemed a little too fast of a set but I guess I could try it.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

One other question - what is the dash material exactly is it really cow? Or faux-pas leather? Or really good looking vinyl?

The '98 has the warped dash the '02 is fine

There is a nice discussion in that thread but some authors descibed it as vinyl

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived