CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Barnfinds: Pampered Pickup 1941 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special

051916-Barn-Finds-1941-Cadillac-60-Speci

This one is a head-turner more than a head-scratcher, even though it’s an unusual custom build. This beautifully-done 1941 Cadillac 60 Special Pickup is in Terre Haute, Indiana and is listed on eBay with a price of $19,000 or make an offer.

Read more at http://barnfinds.com/pampered-pickup-1941-cadillac-series-60/#4TL3VId7axFdSoad.99

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

From the ebay ad:

My father restored 1941 Cadillac convertibles (mostly) and this one he did just because he could and he had fun with it since it was his last one. It was built from a 1941 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special custom made as a flower car for a Chicago funeral home. Dad not wanting to see it "go to waste", he bought it from a friend who also did restorations. Dad put a 1947 Chevrolet truck bed into it, welding and leading the body into a very nice piece that is excellent and straight. Otherwise, it's all 1941 Cadillac parts, frame, motor and seats, and the trim. The exception is the 1953 Eldorado spoke wire wheels and it is converted to a 12 volt system. It runs and drives but because it sat in the garage for too long it has some motor and transmission work that needs attended to. It has been licensed for several years now and has a clear title issued by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles. It's never been out in bad weather and the frame off restoration has good paint and it is very clean throughout.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived