CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Speaker Size?

yenko

Does anyone know what size speakers are in the front. I am guessing they are probably 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 but I am not sure. I am buying them online so I cant be to bothered to go outside and check. Reply as soon as possible!!!!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I think your right im pretty sure there 5 and a quarter inch. But I could be wrong Ive got a buddy whos ordering speakers for his 93 STS and I think he said 5 and a quarter......... good luck

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I think they are 5 1/4 also, I need to buy new front speakers my left side is blown, what route are you guys going here, 2-way, 3-way or continue with a separate tweeter. I have been looking at component speakers at Crutchfield. The problem that I have is whether or not I can make the tweeter fit into the existing space on the door panel. I need to take the door panel off and see what it looks like in there...

Here is the link to component speakers at Crutchfield (I know they are expensive)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-h9SV3l6xBfV/c...p?g=76300&avf=N

They are expensive check out this site they have all the latest brands for the cheapest prices http://www.cardomain.com/shop?ref=cdns

user posted image

Yes the back speakers are 6x9, I already had them replaced. I bought both Sets of speakers off of the Car Domain website. You cant beat the prices.

Thanks, how much did the quality of your sound improve with the new speakers, did you stay with the stock radio/CD? Mike

I have a kenwood Mp3 deck and I eplaced the 6x9 speakers in the bak itsounds great I also recently have installed a kicker amplifier an 2 12in kicker subs the system pounds when I want it to bu it sound great turned dwn also. All from the car domain website best site for car audio equipment

user posted image

I noticed a great change in the sound quality with the 6x9 speakers; I still haven't recieved my 5 1/4 speakers, but hope i get he same results. I replaced my original stereo with a Panisonic MP3 deck. I looks and fits good. In my trunk I have 2 Audiobahn aw1206t Subwoofers with a Rockford Fosgate p6001bd amp.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I would really miss my steering wheel controls if I changed the head unit... :-( I think I will change the speakers and see how it sounds, I plan to sell this car in the spring anyway.... Thanks,

Ya hey Scotty i'm not 100% sure but that you can hook your steering wheel controls up to the head unit could be wrong but thats what I think. I'm hoping to sell my STS next fall and buy a 98 STS thats what I would like to do I'll just probly leave the head unit but take the speakers subs and my amp and put them into the 98 if thats what I get.

user posted image

Ya hey Scotty i'm not 100% sure but that you can hook your steering wheel controls up to the head unit could be wrong but thats what I think. I'm hoping to sell my STS next fall and buy a 98 STS thats what I would like to do I'll just probly leave the head unit but take the speakers subs and my amp and put them into the 98 if thats what I get.

Thats good to know about the steering wheel controls, Thanks

Hey Yenko I just got some 5 and 1/4 speakers today just finished getting them installed the stereo sounds amayzing now. I think you should look into getting them if you have already replaced your other speakers they make a big difference in the sound.

user posted image

Do the 5.25" Speakers "DROP IN" the front doors for a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado? I was reading the fitment guide in that CarDomain link and it stated:

"This symbol next to a speaker means that an adapter is required to install the speaker. This is likey due to the replacement speaker being smaller or a different shape than your factory speaker. In many cases, we'll have a speaker adapter for these applications or a simple adapter can be fabricated out of wood or plastic sheet."

Thanks!

Im not sure about what all that means but I just got myn installed professionaly so I'm not sure on that one.

user posted image

I would really miss my steering wheel controls if I changed the head unit... :-( I think I will change the speakers and see how it sounds, I plan to sell this car in the spring anyway.... Thanks,

PAC makes a product (sw3 i think) you will still be able to use your controls.

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Ya theres lots out there that still alow you to use all the features such as steering wheel controls that are already in your computer.

post-3-1103815479.jpg

user posted image

Archived