CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

95 SLS torque converter solonoid

I have had a TCC error in the DIC for as long as I have had the car. I now picked up a new torque converter solonoid. It actually kinda looks like a sensor with a screen at the end. I was wondering if anyone had any info or diagrams on replacing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I did the test of driving 55-60MPH and tapping the brake to hit the brake switch. No change. I did not feel anything engage and did not see any change in the tach. I also may have another issue. I have noticed this for quite some time. When it gets cold out and the car has been sitting (i.e. over night or while I am at work), and I start it up, the tranny takes a good 2-3 seconds to engage drive or reverse when I put the selector in either of them. My mechanic says that that is a sign that the transmission is loosing pressure and needs a rebuild. Also, it may be my imagination but I might be smelling burning tranny fluid while driving it. No one else says they can smell it so I am not sure if it is burning. I haven't looked at it.

What should I do with this situation. As some on here know this car has just rolled over 310,000MI and other then this, it still runs beautiful. I can get on it and it runs like a raped ape down the road. It took until 318,000MI to kick on the Service Ride Control message.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I went outside and looked at the dipstick. Since it was cold, there was nothing on the stick itself to speak of. I wiped it anyway and had left a light blackish, grayish stain on the paper towel. I wiped around the top (bottom of the cap) and it was redish.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I actually paid attention this morning and it seemed that when I put it in reverse, it engaged i na reasonable amount of time. But when I went to put it into drive, it was about a 2 second delay before it engaged. And I still have the TCC error.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Yes, fluid was to the full mark and was red in color. Did not smell burnt. YM guess is that a pump is getting warn and in need of replacement. How close am I on that?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived