CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wiring harness for front electronic struts

I have a set of these I removed froma brand new set of Arnott front struts I purchased for my base Eldorado. I do not have the electronic ride control so it wasn't needed. Arnott was completly out of stock of the standard model so I ordered these and just removed the harness before the install.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid6_pid49_gid148.html

If you want to disable the annoying Service Ride Control" message you can simply unplug your current struts harness and plug these in! Mount them anywere, even inside the engine compartment there is plenty of length to them.

If you want to buy a new set of Arnott electronic struts and don't want to pay the extra $110, just buy the base model for much less, and buy these units for $40 and attatch them. I will ship this anywhere in the states for $5. Here are a couple pictures of these units I have.

PICT1101.JPG

PICT1100.JPG

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

would this work to get rid of the code for my RR strut on my 2000 sts that has the service suspention system message?

Sorry for the late reply, didn't receive the notification till just now. I'm not sure, but think that it may. I'll do some checking into it and let you know. I'll also take a close-up picture of the plug and you could check what yours looks like. Of course if it's differnt you could splice on the old one from your system. If the resistor values are correct I think that is the main thing...

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Here is a couple more close-ups of the plug itself.

PICT1100_515167.JPG

PICT1099.JPG

As you can see it is a simple oval-shape with two lead connection. Kind of a mushroom shaped inset area to make the socket one-way install only...

I had planned to contact someone at Arnott to ask if the passive resistor curcuit for these two vehicles would be compatible but never think of it during working hours...

http://www.arnottindustries.com/contact/index.asp

• 3 months later...

Archived