CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TRUNK RELEASE

JACK

99 STS TRUNK WILL INTERMITTENTLY NOT OPEN WITH REMOTE, WHEN REMOTE NOT WORKING BUTTON UNDER DASH WILL ALSO NOT OPEN TRUNK. WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE ONLY WAY TO GET INTO TRUNK IS WITH KEY. IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM AND CAN HELP IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

Check the wiring where the harness follows the deck lid hinge. Many times, the wires break due to the flexing. Another thing to check is the connection at the release solenoid.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You are going to feel like an idiot as much as I did if I am right about your problem.

Check the Valet button in the glove box. If it is pushed in, the remote will not operate the trunk or the fuel door. The buttons on the dash will not work either. This allows you to bush the button and lock the glove box and give the ignition key and remote to the valet. He will not be able to open the trunk or fuel door.

One of my kids pushed the button without telling me, I thought I had blown a fuse or killed my remote.

Check this solution first

Umm,, the trunk won't open unless you are in PARK also.. I thought mine was broken the first time I hit it when my wife jumped out to get something and I was still in drive hehe..

I have the same problem with my 98 deville, sometimes the trunk opens and some times it won't, lately it will not open with either key or the dash button, (did check the valet button) I do know if hte trunk is shut too hard it will not work, grocery kid shut it too hard once..gas door works from the key or button and doors lock/unlock with my remote but won't unlock with my husbands, will lock though.. car is just smarter than us!

Archived