CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How Long Does A Coat Of Wax Last?

Just wondering if you coat of wax lasts any sort of period of time. I waxed my 67 on Saturday, I used Meguires Gold Class (I think thats what the name is) and I washed it yesterday and there seemed to be nearly nearly no beeding action. It had rained for a day as well between the wax and the wash. Most of the time I can get one or two washes before it is completely gone. Just wondering what you guys get. Thanks in advance :D .

Spence

The last time I waxed my car was about 10 months ago it was starting to look shabby. It really lasts about 6 months looking good then it's all down hill.

I wash my cars my my self i use a car wash soap that will not remove the wax If you use something like dish washing liquid it will strip off the wax I don't use the drive through cars wash's

Good Luck

Jim

I waxed about 6 weeks ago with Zymol and it's been raining like crazy here in NJ and hot/humid. Water still beads up. I only wash using Zymol car wash.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

some claim upto a year.. mine was waxed couple months ago, ready for another round.

I used some colorX on it.. that stuff is bad *smurf*. Never seen the car shine so much, then you wax on top of that. I'll attach a picture, little oxidation on the trunk and hood.. and some buffing compound i cant get ride off. sux0rs .. so check out the sides for the most part. Really enhances your paint. just dont apply it all at once or use an old bottle. it baked into my rear bumper.

does that come accros anybodys monitor as to dark or bright? i know mines off scale and didnt want to lighten the picture. woulda been *white*

btw thats before any wax, just plain wash and color X'd

post-3-1093056133.jpg

Just wondering if you coat of wax lasts any sort of period of time. I waxed my 67 on Saturday, I used Meguires Gold Class (I think thats what the name is) and I washed it yesterday and there seemed to be nearly nearly no beeding action. It had rained for a day as well between the wax and the wash. Most of the time I can get one or two washes before it is completely gone. Just wondering what you guys get. Thanks in advance :D .

Spence

it actually depends where you live and how, where you drive your car and location. All that stuff..and more, oh oh cant forget the wax..Gold class is terrible when it comes to durability… shines nice, but doesn’t last long..plus its hard to remove

Try meguires NXT or..S100 carnauba wax that you can get at those Harley Davidson superstores...

try autopia.org for helpful tips on caring for your cars paint and more

Gold class is terrible when it comes to durability

That's darn near the most expensive stuff on the shelf...Brutal I says to that!

Do any of you use Mother's waxes? I see commercials for them all the time and Canadian Tire has 8x10 foot shelf of the Mother's line. If so, what is good, there's so much to choose from :blink: .

Spence

I use The Wax Shop Super Glaze wax. It lasts for a few months, and that's being washed at least twice a week. The Super Glaze wax goes on thin (I hate thick wax buildup) and buffs off incredibly easy. It's the best wax out there that I've used, although it's sometimes hard to find.

Check this out for more info: http://www.thewaxshop.com/

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived