CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 STS

cad98

I bought mt STS a month ago I love it I seem have a problem with a slight miss. Every now and then after i drive it shut it off and restart it will start then die unless i gas it. I have put new filters and flushed the fuel system and put new plugs and wires but is still doing the same thing. It is not throwing any codes what could be the problem. It has 63K on it.

Plz help, Chris

Hi Chris

are any error-codes stored ??

That will be helpfull..... find out and post them here !

Look here or here or here

The 99 codes are the same than the 98....

good luck... Psycho B)

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

Hi

check the fuel pressure regulator.....

Remove the hose and check if fuel is present.

If the regulator diafragm is broken, you will not have enough pressure in the fuel system...

Psycho :)

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

When I had the fuel system serviced they checked the regulater and it was fine. Do you think I might be having problems with the crankshaft senser? I have herd problems like mine being caused by them.

Chris

It could also be an injector leaking - you would need to pull the fuel rail and turn the ignition to ON while observing the injectors. If any are leaking, they would need to be replaced.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

When you checked the fuel pressure regulator, did you idle the engine with the vacuum line disconnected and observe the nipple on the FPR for the presence of fuel?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Tell u the truth i'm not sure what i did a cadi tech talked me thru it now he seems to think i won,t hurt to go ahead and change the crank senser

Take your Northstar engine cover off in a dark garage and watch the plug wires for arcing anywhere. Mist some water on them and watch for sparks. Also, take out each plug wire and inspect the boot for white marks or any other signs of arcing.

Also, try cleaning off the back of your throttle plate and throttle bore.

Crank shaft sensor would probably throw a code if it was bad.

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

Archived